cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Using your motorhome to help fund a charity

Pangaea_Ron
Explorer
Explorer
We have used our motorhome to help raise money for our local hospital's charitable Foundation.

We had a local wine shop set up wine tastings at wineries in Eastern Washington for 2 couples. The tastings were complimentary. We provided transportation and lunches, and the hospital paid for each couple to stay at B&B's for 2 nights together with spectacular wine-maker's dinners.

Fortunately, friends of ours purchased the trips at the annual auction, that raises nearly $300,000 each year.

The first trip was auctioned off for $2,200, the second trip went for $2,600, and the third trip went for 2x$7,500. When the price had gotten so high, I had the auctioneer announce that we would do 2 trips for that price.

The only problem was that the couples purchased many bottles of wine, and loading the motorhome was interesting. Note to self: Do not put too many cases of wine in very back, as the front wheels prefer to have more contact with the road.
2008 Itasca SunCruiser 35L
2014 Honda AWD CR-V EX-L
5 REPLIES 5

Pangaea_Ron
Explorer
Explorer
obgraham wrote:
Next time you have that problem, Ron, call me and I'll be happy to stop by and help reduce the weight of that wine!
And I'm right here in wine country, too.

I'm not sure that I can afford you. We've noticed that wine prices have certainly escalated. Wow?
2008 Itasca SunCruiser 35L
2014 Honda AWD CR-V EX-L

Y-Guy
Wow that had to be a lot of wine! Thanks for supporting the wineries in WA State and for helping out the charity.

I used our Motorhome to help a Drum & Bugle Corps with a broken trailer, loaded up the entire brass line and took it to the next location. Didn't have a free spot to go to the bathroom, but all the instruments arrived and they put on a great show.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
Brilliant!

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Very generous of you to "rent" your MH for a good cause.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

obgraham
Explorer
Explorer
Next time you have that problem, Ron, call me and I'll be happy to stop by and help reduce the weight of that wine!
And I'm right here in wine country, too.