cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable TV vs. Antenna

Alex_and_Tee
Explorer
Explorer
We are in our 3rd week full timing in our 2022 Allegro Open Road. We had to relocate from the FL Keys back to the Orlando area to have some repairs done by the La Mesa Mobile Tech.

He replaced our LP regulator so we now have hot water. Fixed our drivers side wiper so we can now drive in the rain. Sealed the leaks in the awning mount and furnace panel so hopefully no more water in the living room. He also made some minor adjustments to some **** eyed cabinet drawers and cleaned some gob of glue off the shower wall.

Now to my question. We have an antenna to pick up stations. We also have connected the coax cable to the park cable. When we run the channel search it finds plenty of channels but we only get the antenna channels on the tv channel guide. Do we have to switch inputs to get cable? The only thing that shows on our inputs is Live TV, Dish ( did not get a satellite dish) and the DVD player. What am I missing?

I think we will invest in the Pepwave duo for internet because the wifi in some the parks don’t seem to be able to handle streaming Hulu, etc.
Alex & Teresa

2022 Allegro Open Road
2021 Colorado 4x4
5 REPLIES 5

goodady
Explorer II
Explorer II

You might need to switch the input source to get cable channels for your TV issue. A button on your TV remote is usually called 'input' or 'source'. Pressing that lets you switch from the antenna to the cable connection.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Is there a wall plate in your RV with an antenna connection, a 12 volt outlet, a switch, and a light?

Turn the light off for park cable
Most people call that the antenna pre-amp. it is not
it is a power inserter (The pre-amp is in the antenna)
and a switch"
NOW if that does not work "Pull" the thing out (two screws and remove it from teh wall)
Should have 2 or 3 cables hooked to the back

Looking at the back witht he outlet at the top
1: Over the air antenna, 2: park cable, 3: TV-2 (Output to a 2nd TV) and optionally 4 TV-3
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Alex_and_Tee
Explorer
Explorer
I have switch that says Antenna or Wifi. It’s on Antenna now. I’ll switch to Wifi and rescan. Thanks.
Alex & Teresa

2022 Allegro Open Road
2021 Colorado 4x4

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
If you have a switch for the antenna amplifier/booster, often that switch also serves to select between the antenna and the cable input. You turn the antenna switch off (and rescan in the proper mode) to get cable channels.

Sometimes there's a separate switchbox somewhere, too.

CC38EL
Explorer II
Explorer II
The Live TV input shares OTA and cable signals. There should be a switch somewhere to change between the 2. When you start with OTA, the signal scan will populate those channels. When you switch to cable, you have to rescan to populate with cable channels.

Some TVs remember both, but you can't get both at the same time.
Jim
2019 Coachmen Mirada Select 37LS