Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Truck Campers: Extended warranty experiences
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Extended warranty experiences

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev
kenkorona

Maine

View Profile

Posted: 10/11/21 04:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RetiredRealtorRick wrote:

kenkorona wrote:

Having never before had an extended warranty, I don't know how much it would have paid toward the repairs. Would it have covered 100% of all the repairs? If not, the question becomes how much of the cost would be covered, and how much would I have to pay, and would the amount covered have been more than the cost of an extended warranty? I don't know, and nobody can answer that for sure at this point. But to be clear, I never said I was against extended warranties. If you look at my original post, I bought my F350 in Feb 2021 and not only bought the full extended warranty for 150K miles and 8yrs. I even bought the full maintenance package for the same period. When I was asking about it being a scam, I meant this particular instance, where the dealer seems to not be refunding the warranty cost. So, no offense taken and no nastiness inferred.

Since you mentioned in your previous post that you paid fully HALF of the original cost of the vehicle out in repairs ...... you definitely would have come out WAY ahead with an extended service contract. Easy math [emoticon]

Totally agree. But, based on my experience, I would have been even better off getting another Nissan

noteven

Turtle Island

View Profile

Posted: 10/12/21 11:05am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Remember the first three letters in the word warranty.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 10/12/21 11:38am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

noteven wrote:

Remember the first three letters in the word warranty.

LOL, I like that!

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

kenkorona

Maine

View Profile

Posted: 10/12/21 04:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OK, I promised a followup to my original post.

If you recall, I paid $5600 for and extended warranty and roadside assistance package when I bought a new TC in May. Was given 30 days to cancel with 100% refund. I cancelled and was waiting for the refund since June 16. Many phone calls to the dealer to no avail.

Then, last week I called the dealer again and spoke with a manager. Told him I've been waiting 16 weeks. He expressed shock, spoke with the "controller". He said they would cut a check from their local dealership rather than making me wait any longer for it to go through their corporate office, and they'll straighten it out internally. They said I should get the check by Wednesday 10/13. I was hopeful, but skeptical.

So today the check arrived. Hoooraaaay!

So often these days people and businesses don't live up to their commitments. In short, these guys did even though it took longer than it should have. For the record, the dealership is Tom's Camperland in Avondale AZ. And the manager (who is also a salesman ) is Mike McFadden. Mike was super helpful and great to work with when we bought the camper. He went out of his way to make sure that, as total novices, we didn't make noob mistakes. Thank you Mike...

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Extended warranty experiences
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.