cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Best wax for fiberglass................

VA-Apraisr
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well, picked up some orangish dust/dirt/paint (?) maybe from my roadtrip and won't come off with washing, so, just finished using rubbing compound to remove it. It covered half my RV so going to finish the 2nd half tomorrow. After, a good wax is required and I used Maguire's previously and couldn't get streaks off with towel and had to wash vehicle to remove. I've currently got Mother's for my vehicles but haven't tried it on fiberglass............anyone have a suggestion to avoid heavy labor to remove the wax? I think the Mother's will be fine but, again, haven't tried it. Thanks in advance!
7 REPLIES 7

VA-Apraisr
Explorer II
Explorer II
UPDATE: Well, first, my apologies to Meguiar's company for my mistake in using car wax way back when. Just applied the Marine/RV wax and it went on great and came off even better! Not one streak and made my 17 years old RV look half it's age. Highly recommend it and other than forgetting to promptly remove the rubbing compound as I was buffing (THAT is a BIG mistake!) the job only took 2 years of my life away.

Rhigley
Explorer
Explorer
I use the Meguiar,s 50 rv/marine cleaner wax and happy with how it works.I do use a D/A buffer
2016 Four Winds 31E
Amatuer Radio KF6OOK

docsouce
Explorer II
Explorer II
I use "Rejex". It's just the best ,so far. I have had great results getting the bugs off the overhang with this product. They just don't stick to the fiberglass. Easy on easy off.
2020 JAYCO 26XD
Just right for the two of us!

VA-Apraisr
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well, realize the Meguiars wax for auto isnโ€™t the same as the Maine/RV product so ordered a bottle. Will post up my results. Thanks for the replies.

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
3M makes marine products for fiberglass as does 'Seapower' cleaner/wax.
I go with what the boat people use. The pros, not the weekend warriors !

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
I just got done using MaGuire's Flagship Marine Wax and could not be happier. Easy on and off and great results.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Iโ€™m a fan of all Motherโ€™s products.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad