cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV APP

klr650goldwing
Explorer
Explorer
Is there an I-pad APP especially made for RV application that would provide a warning for any given road as far as low bridge height, too curvy for a long trailer etc.?
2014 Grand Design Solitude 369RL
2017 F350 6.7 DRW CC LB 4X4
2012 Mercedes E550
2010 Honda Civic
2009 Saab 93 Aero Convertible
2004 Honda Goldwing GL1800
2004 Kawasaki KLR650
1966 Honda 305 Dream
21 REPLIES 21

austinjenna
Explorer
Explorer
I second RV Trip Wizard

2010 F350 CC Lariat 4x4 Short Bed
2011 Crusader 298BDS 5th Wheel
Reese 16K

LouLawrence
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry, to much time in investment forms!

Michelle_S
Explorer II
Explorer II
That's OK, I thought DD was Dear Daughter and did know what she had to do with the post.
2018 Chevy 3500HD High Country Crew Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Dual AC, Fireplace, Sleep #Bed, Auto Sat Dish, Stack Washer/Dryer, Auto Level Sys, Disk Brakes, Onan Gen, 17.5" "H" tires, MORryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride, Dual Awnings, Full Body Paint

dieseltruckdriv
Explorer II
Explorer II
joebedford wrote:
"DD"?

I am guessing Due Diligence.

I f...ing hate acronyms. Plus, now you and I have typed more than just typing the words out would have.

LouLawrence, this was NOT directed at you, it's just one of those things that gets me revved up! ๐Ÿ™‚
2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
"DD"?

LouLawrence
Explorer
Explorer
Gjac wrote:
Irover wrote:
FlatBroke wrote:
Try WAZE

X-2
Does Waze route you around low bridges? Can you enter a height for your MH?

No! Do your DD before you travel.

Truckin_On
Explorer
Explorer
Beware the Rand units!!! We bought a Rand McNally RVND-7730 and it always had difficulty connecting to satellites. A few months in there was a problem on the plug and had to send it back under warranty. They replaced it with a RVND-7735, which was the Good Sam branded version. Had Good Sam so didnโ€™t complain, satellite connections still takes forever but now down the road a few years the GPS was warning me that I hadnโ€™t done a map update in over a year and needed to see if one was available, we had lifetime map updates after all. Knew there wasnโ€™t an update as I check their Dock application monthly so emailed their support group and quoting from their reply โ€œAs for why your 7735 isn't updating is because it is an end of life device. No map updates will be sent to the device as it is an older model we no longer support.โ€ Well it seems the 7730 might still be supported but this โ€œEnd of Lifeโ€ thing from Rand McNally is a big shocker as my wife's Garmin Nuvi from 2008 still gets multiple updates per year and works fine. My advice if you want a good unit with a company that stands behind it is to run as fast and far as you can from any Rand McNally unit and buy a Garmin. Rand makes the best maps I rely on when needed but believe they stepped out of their comfort zone when trying to enter the electronic GPS market. All just from my experience and your experience may hopefully be better if you gamble on one of their devices.

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Gjac wrote:
So what do you do when you see the low bridge ahead and you stop in plenty of time so you don't shear the top of your RV off, are you going to back up your rig to an exit a mile in your rear against oncoming traffic?

Driving my brand new 5th wheel home, late at night, raining, freeway solid backup, I had no advance notice on the underpass listed at 13'8". Backing up would have been a nightmare. I proceeded with caution, knowing my trailer appeared to be slightly high. Spec'd height 13'5". Garmin didn't alert me, because technically I was under the entered height.

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
Brandon the Traveler wrote:
wa8yxm wrote:
be sure to engage brain and eyes

The correct answer LOL. If you need an APP to keep from trying to jam 13' of RV under a 12' overhead obstacle, perhaps you should not be on the road to begin with.
So what do you do when you see the low bridge ahead and you stop in plenty of time so you don't shear the top of your RV off, are you going to back up your rig to an exit a mile in your rear against oncoming traffic? That is the purpose of an APP or RV GPS that you can input your height to keep you off those roads with low bridges to begin with. I have seen at least 6 RV's and trucks in my state alone that had to call the police to hold back traffic so they could reverse their course to the previous exit.

Brandon_the_Tra
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:
be sure to engage brain and eyes

The correct answer LOL. If you need an APP to keep from trying to jam 13' of RV under a 12' overhead obstacle, perhaps you should not be on the road to begin with.
I went.

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Waze doesn't have bridge clearance as part of the app.

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
Irover wrote:
FlatBroke wrote:
Try WAZE

X-2
Does Waze route you around low bridges? Can you enter a height for your MH?

Irover
Explorer
Explorer
FlatBroke wrote:
Try WAZE

X-2

FlatBroke
Explorer
Explorer
Try WAZE

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS