cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Boliy Generator parts

esox07
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Boliy Pro3600si generator and the starter recoil assembly is broken. I cannot find a parts source for these generators anywhere. Can anyone help me out?
Minnesota Viking fan trapped in Wisconsin
2011 KZ Sportsmen Classic 19BH
2013 Chevy Silverado 1500, Ext Cab, 5.3L Z71, 4x4
Boliy 3600si
AAA Plus RV
10 REPLIES 10

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
esox07,

Only the engine is Yamaha. The electronics are something else.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

esox07
Explorer
Explorer
Yah, I read elsewhere that the Boliy was an Yamaha clone, but I don't know which Yamaha matches my Boliy. I have a small engine shop down the road. I may just drive down there and see if they can help and maybe have a few parts in stock to compare it to. Looking online, I cannot find an exact match or one that gives me great hope it work on my generator.
Minnesota Viking fan trapped in Wisconsin
2011 KZ Sportsmen Classic 19BH
2013 Chevy Silverado 1500, Ext Cab, 5.3L Z71, 4x4
Boliy 3600si
AAA Plus RV

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
The Boliy has a Yamaha engine.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
pianotuna wrote:
Gdetrailer,

My experience with Boliy was a disaster from the get go.

Understood.

Some knockoffs are better than others for sure, but to place ALL into one lump that states that ALL Chinese knockoffs are bad isn't right at all.

But, the chances are extremely high that the mechanical bits like a recoil are the same as OTHER Chinese clones of Honda engines.

Most clones especially now days are simply rebadged versions with a different color of plastic, perhaps a slightly different face but mechanically the engine is a common Honda clone design.

Once you know what model of Honda it has been cloned from, looking up mechanical parts gets easier.

Now electronically, that gets a bit more difficult depending on what factory designed those..

You can save money on the clone versions, but with the understanding that it just very well may be a throwaway piece when it dies.

However, the same can be said about the name brands as they continually tighten up the supply chains, lean down the parts over time that are slow moving and eventually you will face the very same issue of where can you find a part..

Honda, is very heavily invested in what is called "lean manufacturing using 6S processes", they don't keep every part in stock for everything they built since the inception of their company. I recently left my job at a company that hired one of Hondas big wigs that was attempting to "Hondaize" my companies manufacturing.. Tossing out millions of dollars in parts that were needed to support our existing customer base equipment.. Most of those parts were custom designed and built to our specs with long lead times and some electronic parts cannot ever be made again due to RHoS (lead free laws)..

Another example, yrs ago, I had to throwaway a pretty nice 5 yr old name brand 18" chainsaw once I wore out my last drive sprocket, it was orphaned when the company was bought out multiple times over the yrs. Use a special drive sprocket unlike anything else which had a splined shaft that went back into the saw and that spline drove the chain oiler.. Each progressive buyout meant the new companies dumped and scrapped ALL parts from the previous company.. No third party vendors like Stens even had the sprocket I needed..

jjrbus
Explorer
Explorer
When I buy off brand knock offs I assume if anything fails it is disposable. I do not expect to find parts or technical assistance. If I do I am presently surprised.

I would disassemble the mechanism and see if anything is fixable.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Gdetrailer,

My experience with Boliy was a disaster from the get go.
Regards, Don

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Cummins12V98 wrote:
This is what you are up against with these cheap knock off generators when things go bad.

I would tend to agree with this, but, same issue does present it's self with the "big name" brands also..

Was involved in a recent thread of a Kohler powered twin cylinder generator with no compression.. extremely limited parts support or availability for that engine, pretty much every part was out of stock and "no longer available". Pretty much turned that built in gen into a $3K-$4K doorstop and useless dead weight on that MH..

Absolutely nothing "lasts forever" and that includes the big name brands.

When one buys a "off brand" at a deep discount, they do so with the understanding that to get that discount, the after sale parts supply and support is going to be nearly next to nothing and are betting the odds that it will last a long long time.. Long enough to justify the lower upfront price.

I have bet on the lower cost no name clone gens and so far one is going on 15yrs with only needing one new plug, cleaning the carb a couple of times and one fuel tank shut off valve. The other one is going on 3 yrs and no issues so far. So far have saved me several thousand dollars compared to the name brands, those gens owe me nothing and even if I need to replace them I still will have saved more than what it would have cost for the name brands..

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
This is what you are up against with these cheap knock off generators when things go bad.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
If the engine is a Honda GX clone, you might be able to sub in a Honda GX clone recoil assy.. Many of the engines used in Chinese import gens are typically a copy (or clone)of a Honda. Lots of GX clone parts out there at reasonable prices but would take some figuring out which size of engine you have.

I did find another website where a poster was looking for parts, some of the posts mentioned the same phone numbers for Cali and Texas given in this thread.

You can view the website I found HERE

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Hi this place in California sells parts phone number is 858-689-8899 or bottom line trading in texas has parts his name is Tom number is 512 3397.