Explorer
Traveling from Florence ky to New Paris Ohio, best route 127 to 35 or take 27

Busdriver

2019 2500 Chevy Duramax , - 2017 Grand Design 303 RLS
5 REPLIES 5

K_and_I
Explorer
Explorer
First, let me state that I have not driven this route. I did check on Good Sam's Trip Planner to see what it recommends. It shows taking I-75 through Cincy to I-74 NW to I-275 NE to Rt. 27. Again, I don't know how good this route would be. You would think that Trip Planner knowing that we are in an rv (mine is set up for 10' 8" high travel trailer) would plan a good route. I did have one experience where Trip Planner took me through the Tail of the Dragon in TN on my way to NC. That was one to write home about ๐Ÿ˜‰
Hope you have a good trip.
K_and_I
2011 Rockwood 2604
Nights Camped in 2019: 85
Do we have time for shortcuts?

dedmiston
It's a horrible trend nowadays. Maybe working remotely for 18 months has made us forget how to be civil with each other.

I got excited for a second when I saw your response, because I saw you're from KY and could maybe lend a hand. Then I saw that it's YOU and you can't hardly lend yourself your own hand, I don't think. ๐Ÿ™‚

I bet somebody will chime in with something useful soon enough.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Busdriver
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you, this is becoming more of a problem on this site. Someone ask a question because they are new to Rv life. Than people start telling them how stupid they are

Busdriver

dedmiston
I've deleted all the unkind and irrelevant responses.

Yes, the OP could have provided a few more details, except for the fact that this is basically an 80 mile stretch where you either go through or around Cincinnati. There truly isn't room for much nuance in the question of "what's the best way to get from here to there?"

Based on the locations of most of the responding members, I'm going to guess that most of you don't really know and didn't even read the choice of roads that were mentioned anyway.

It's rare to get so many troll responses to a thread in Roads & Routes, but maybe this is another sign of the brave new world that we've found ourselves in.

Please though, let's please keep the responses kind and on topic. And if you have nothing constructive to offer, then by all means please just keep scrolling.

My own two-cents for the OP are that Google Maps shows a third option that kind of threads the needle through both of the routes that you mentioned. It's a smaller road, but it looks like a quick route. We didn't drive that route, but we've driven through a lot of those roads and we found them all to be pretty and pleasant drivers. Good luck on your trip.

And maybe someone who's more interested in being helpful than looking smart (incorrectly so) will add their useful comments.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Busdriver
Explorer
Explorer
What I was asking which was the best route to use for road conditions, less towns

Busdriver