cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

California bans almost all small internal combustion engines

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
I looked on the forum to see if anyone else posted this. The Kalifornia governor signed a bill yesterday to ban sales of most smallinternal combustion engines taking affect January 1, 2024. This will include law mowers, leaf blowers, golf carts, generators, and chainsaws.

To me this does not make sense because the electrical grid can't keep up with current demand already. With your rolling blackouts and such, how are you going to keep your food from spoiling when your current generator wears out other than go out of state to buy products?

I own woodland property that requires me to use a chainsaw many hours a years. A friend of mine bought a 40 volt battery powered chainsaw to use for trimming trees on his property. He gets about 10 minutes of cutting from a charge. I run my saw 8 hours a day and go through a lot of gas/oil mix. I can't see professional loggers being able to get by with the currently available electric saws. If you did use one of the battery units, you would have to carry a truck load of batteries because they don't want you to use a generator to charge you equipment.
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired
6 REPLIES 6

dedmiston
There are a couple threads already in ATC. Closing this one.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Gary45 wrote:
I have one of the newer battery lawn mowers, cuts much better then my gas powered lawn mower and no fumes.

Please tell what an electric motor does to make it cut better over a gas one?

Canโ€™t say I have EVER had โ€œfumesโ€ come from any small gas engine even 50 years ago.

Guess that Gas, Coal, Hydro that powers that โ€œgreenโ€ small gas engine has no environmental impact.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Gary45
Explorer
Explorer
I have one of the newer battery lawn mowers, cuts much better then my gas powered lawn mower and no fumes.

F-TROUP
Explorer
Explorer
I wonder how much Tesla will will charge for a lawn mower????

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
It's already been discussed: Here

Any actual mandate will be dependent upon available technology and updates to the electrical grid. It is not a definitive "no more gas powered equipment".

The purpose of this mandate is to 1) encourage manufacturers to develop zero emission options, and 2) convince people who don't need extensive use to start buying electric and rechargeable equipment.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer