cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2001 Shasta wiring

Bsagrillo
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all. Brand new to the Forum but need some help. I have a 2001 Shasta Travelmaster and I blew a rear tire and it ripped out a lot of the wiring. So far I have traced the broken wires and found a broken power wire for the slide, as well as the propane gauge on the propane tank. My question is, where does it go from the slide? Does it go to the switch, to the generator,???? Does anyone know where to find a wiring diagram or anything like that???
2 REPLIES 2

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
The chances of finding a comprehensive wiring diagram are pretty slim, unfortunately.

If the wire to the slide is going to the motor for the slide mechanism itself (as opposed to some lights or whatever that happen to be in the slide), it might lead to the switch for the slide, or it might lead to a fuse/circuit breaker near the battery or in the DC electric panel (and other, low-current wires go to the switch). If you figure out who made the slide mechanism and its actuator, if it's not something Shasta engineered themselves, you might be able to find installation or maintenance information about that which would show typical wiring.

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
Bsagrillo wrote:
Hi all. Brand new to the Forum but need some help. I have a 2001 Shasta Travelmaster and I blew a rear tire and it ripped out a lot of the wiring. So far I have traced the broken wires and found a broken power wire for the slide, as well as the propane gauge on the propane tank. My question is, where does it go from the slide? Does it go to the switch, to the generator,???? Does anyone know where to find a wiring diagram or anything like that???

Sometimes finding forums with other same unit or similar owners, can reap rewards. Not always, but it might be a good start.
https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f220/
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)