cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Winterizing

tomb48
Explorer
Explorer
Winterized my travel trailer last November. Due to health reasons, I was unable to use my trailer this season. Wondering if the antifreeze will be good for another Winter, or should I flush the system & replace the antifreeze. Opinions??
6 REPLIES 6

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you have the means to blow the lines out with air, do it and leave it that way. Just pour some more antifreeze in the p-traps and toilet.

HereWeGoJoe
Explorer
Explorer
Winterised ours in 2019, and never used at all due to pandemic in 2020. So lasted 2 years. This year only used in our province for 12 nights sadly so we didn't dewinterise the washer/dryer. All was well for the 2 years but this year we did run more antifreeze (year 3) through the washer as well of course winterise everything else and pour down pee traps.

Put plenty in your toilet for the seal and cover the bowl with Saran Wrap to avoid drying out too quickly, and all should be good. If you feel uncomfortable though just flush through with more AF this year and of course all U bends/traps.

hohenwald48
Explorer
Explorer
New anti-freeze is pretty cheap and easy compared to a bunch of busted plumbing.
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

2019 Newmar Canyon Star 3627
2017 Jeep Wrangler JKU

kellem
Explorer
Explorer
I'd say your good. Maybe fill the traps and.....don't let your toilet seal go dry.

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Good quality anti-freeze? I'd not worry about it, but cheaper ethanol based AF is likely to evaporate. In that case, I'd dump more in the drains to fill the P-traps, to ensure no smell comes up from gray tanks.

Jerry

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
I would add some to the traps.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.