cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mount for Cell Phone, GPS, and more

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Installed the bullet point Mountain Solution in the F150. This thing ROCKS! Link

Positive
  • It is rock solid
    Works with most devices, if the device has an amp style connector, they probably have an adapter
    Shipped fast
    Looks good
    Comes with a "F" tool... I had to ask what it's for, to tighten the clamp

Negatives
  • Installation instructions are incomplete
    my 2022 Lariat F350 has the new 12" screen, and the bracket is a bit shorter than I'd like to see. With smaller screen, it's flush. No real impact
    After getting my order, I realized the extension I purchased for the GPS was too long. Exchanging it, I got charged 10% restocking fee.

The negatives don't override the value the product brings to cleaning up instrument panel and windshield. I should have watched the entire youtube video a customer posted before tackling the project.

I need to figure out how to mount the dash cam to it. They have a gopro mount, but my dashcam uses a crazy mount system I've never seen before. I'll cypher a solution after we get back home.
4 REPLIES 4

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer
Ram Mounts has way more options to choose from. I got their cell phone induction charger mount for my Samsung phone and mounted it in my Silverado. They have been around for a while. They originally made mounts for motorcycles and ATV's, but make all kinds of mounts and mounting platforms now including gps, tablet & lap top vehicle mounts and fish finders for bass boats.

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
Looks useful to me. I've been looking for a good way to mount a couple accessories in my Ram.
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I too use a dash cam and a different mount for my Phone
The phone is my NAV system by the way
Phone links via BT to the INfo-tainment system however (I like that Hands Free answering of calls) I kind of like that jeep's electronics though I'm not a fan of mobile touch screens.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
I am lost, 202- F250 Lariat doesnโ€™t have Bluetooth for phone, and no built in navigation system?

I have a very small dash cam, I donโ€™t want to advertise that I have one. Mine mounts to the windshield and is located out of my view forward of the rearview mirror.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"