cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Resources-the many members who live here full time

Talleyho69
I think it's time to point out that many of the members that post regularly here live in Mexico full time, and some for many many years.

I'm sure that there are some I'm not aware of, but people to heed, and ask advice of because they are actually here would be qtla9111, playaboy, navagator, Talleyho69 (Moderator), and there are bound to be more that I'm forgetting.

Just between the four of us we cover different areas of the country and different types of vehicles. All are open to questions and to share information.

Yes, there are a number of other great contributors who spend time in Mexico, not just in one location, but some travel the country. Hopefully those members will also share their knowledge.

Everyone has something to share, let's do that!!!
16 REPLIES 16

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
Señor silversand:

I finally found the answer, it was by Presidential order it has not been published since they are still debating this proposal in the congress so it has not been written into law.

This is regarding the IMSS hospitals treating old folks of 65 and older free of charge, it is not well advertised because the news media tv and news papers do not like AMLO since they are part and owned by the old establishment cronies that support the PRI and PAN.

If I come across more information regarding this I will post it.

navegator

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
Sr: silversand.

I have not forgoten, I was going to meet with my friend on Friday but he spent 9 hours in the Naval hospital on a open heart surgery, will see him on Tuesday and grill him on this "law", from what I have been able to gather it was a presidential action and the congres went with it, it seems it is still under debate or something like that but the IMSS (Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social) got the order to go ahead and institute this policy.

The government is also contemplating this tipe of coverage for the migrants after a little one month old girl died from an infection, all because they where walking from town to town and afraid of the authorities, so now migrants who fall hill will be assisted.

So visiting gringos and canucks you are all migrants!----- Right?

Jocking aside, from what I understand the free medicine is only applied at the IMSS hospitals not at private clinics or hospitals to all Mexican citizens and resident foreighners who are 65 years and older.

In any case I will have more information next week and report my findings.

navegator

rocmoc
Explorer
Explorer
Watched the CDC meeting online today and they discussed Foreign Nationals (Canadians in USA) will be able to get a booster in USA.

rocmoc n Th SouthWest
rocmoc n Great SouthWest USA

silversand
Explorer
Explorer
navegator wrote:
Señor silversand I have to ask my friend and cardiologist, who was the general director of the cardiology department at the hospital de la Raza until he retiered and now has his own clinic with an operating room, he directed me to the hospital, I would guess it is in the Diario Official de la Nacion

....aquí espero más información. Gracias!

...on edit: I went all the way back to 2019 at the DOF (3 operational years), and the last document I read through was: Acuerdo mediante el cual se establecen las Reglas de Operación del Programa IMSS-BIENESTAR para el ejercicio fiscal 2019. I didn't read any mention. So, the Presidential announcement must be some form of addendum to Reglas de Operación del Programa IMSS-BIENESTAR. I'll continue digging....
Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
Señor. rehless maybe the lab technicians did not understand what you needed them to do, If I may take the liberty to write down the instructions so that they can read them in Spanish for you.

Por favor: la señora necesita una prueba de la quagulacion de la sangre para poder ajustar la dosis de la medicina Warfanin, gracias.

Translation to English: Please: the lady needs a blood quagulacion test in order to be able to adjust the Warfarin medicine dose, thank you.

I hope this might help some

navegator

P.S. how expensive is the machine to purchase? Is it like the glucose test units?

Galvanizd
Explorer
Explorer
Bill,

Was just looking at Rocky point and found this. Maybe it will help. Have not confirmed any of the phone numbers but might be a place to start

http://www.rockypointreview.com/doctors.html

rehless
Explorer
Explorer
Moisheh, thank you for the reply. Here they prick the end of her finger and then
slide that into a small reader that gives them her INR and they adjust, or not, her Warfarin dose. We sought to do this a few years ago in Puerto Penasco and the lab drew blood from her arm and seemed to know nothing about dosage. It may well be that they do not have the device to test for an INR reading.
Bill

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Bill. Most towns and
cities have free standing labs. You do not need a Dr. Just walk in and they will do your test. We travelled from Sonora all the way to Chiapis and my friend had to have his blood tested every week. Never had a problem. Do not worry about your Spanish. They will soon figure out what you want .

rehless
Explorer
Explorer
Galvanizd, thank you for the reply. Been to Puerto penasco several times, but not in the last couple years. She is 85, I am 84. If it happens, I'm sure this would be our last trip.
Bill

Galvanizd
Explorer
Explorer
Bill,

I can't help with Rocky Point clinics except to say, english is widely spoken in Puerto Penasco. I'm sure some one will chime in with the info you're looking for.

Not sure if you're aware but , Failing in that, Puerto Penasco is merely about 65 miles over the Us/Mexican border, which offers easy return to the US through the Lukeville Az crossing. Close bye, you have the cities/towns of Aho, Gila Bend, Casa Grande, Buckeye and finally Phoenix.

You can make it a day trip and easily reach any of those cities and return the same day to Puerto Penasco. Phoenix obviously being a bit farther but doable. Just some alternatives

rehless
Explorer
Explorer
I intend to come to Puerto Penasco in December. My mate has a pacemaker and is on Warfarin. Mexicoruss was kind enough to point me to San Jose Clinic. Before I attempt to call them, does any one have more info? Does someone there speak English? She needs to be tested for anti coagulation and her Warfarin adjusted, if necessary. Thank you for any info.
Bill Rehfield

Talleyho69
As I recall it has been in effect for almost 2 years. qtla9111 will know.

It is restricted to citizens, temporary and permanent residents, and in the IMSS hospitals, not the private ones.

Temporary or permanent residency isn't difficult to get, it's simply a process.

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
Señor silversand I have to ask my friend and cardiologist, who was the general director of the cardiology department at the hospital de la Raza until he retiered and now has his own clinic with an operating room, he directed me to the hospital, I would guess it is in the Diario Official de la Nacion, I need to ask him when this was implemented, I will see him some time next week and let you know.

navegator

silversand
Explorer
Explorer
Navigator wrote:
For those persons that are over 65 years, AMLO "Mexican President" (whom some of you do not like) passed a law that any one needing medical attention shall receive it at hospitals of the IMSS free of charge with a donation of blood from two persons, and yes foreigners who are residents in Mexico are eligible.

Wow. That is pretty interesting. Would it be possible to post a link to the "new law" ? I'd really like to read it through (in Spanish)...

Thanks!
Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou