cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Joined the Class C club

Kober
Explorer
Explorer
Just bought a 2014 Coachmen 29qb. Selling my 5th wheel, just got to be too big to haul around.
Looking forward to learning all about class C.
2014 Coachmen Freelander 29qb, towing a trailer with my toys:
2020 Honda Talon SXS, or
2006 Royal Star Tour Deluxe
2008 Road Star 1100
PATRIOT GUARD RIDER, AMERICAN LEGION RIDER
Retired 25 years US ARMY, retired 24 years business owner
6 REPLIES 6

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
Kober wrote:
Just bought a 2014 Coachmen 29qb. Selling my 5th wheel, just got to be too big to haul around.
Looking forward to learning all about class C.

Now you can camp in places like this ๐Ÿ™‚ :

2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

AJR
Explorer
Explorer
May you have as much fun in your 29QB as I have had with mine.
2007 Roadtrek 210 Popular
2015 GMC Terrain AWD

Holiday27
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats, Safe travels!
2002 27PBS Holiday Rambler (Aluminum sided/roof) Love it!

Previous RV's
'94 Jamboree 22ft. (This beast had a 460 with tons of power)
'95 VW Eurovan camper (5 cyl. dog) Pulled a 3 rail fine though.
Tent:(
Borrowed folks '84 VW Westfalia (water cooled)

BFL13
Explorer II
Explorer II
BTDT. Can get around in it with no truck to go grocery shopping etc, but have to leave a lawn chair and a bucket in the site so nobody tries to grab it while we are away.

Got a rear view camera with the monitor that goes up on the rear view mirror on the front window with elastic bands. What a difference in some situations to be able to see what is right behind you! (There are different kinds of cameras, but whatever works for you--ours looks out the back window)

1. 1991 Oakland 28DB Class C
on Ford E350-460-7.5 Gas EFI
Photo in Profile
2. 1991 Bighorn 9.5ft Truck Camper on 2003 Chev 2500HD 6.0 Gas
See Profile for Electronic set-ups for 1. and 2.

Bordercollie
Explorer
Explorer
You will probably notice that the ride is harsher because of stiff rear springs. Rattles inside are not unusual, separating pots and pans with rubberized anti-skid stuff helps quiet them. Make sure drawers have good devices to keep them shut. Take glass turntable out of microwave to keep it from falling out and breaking. Anything that can fall down, probably will, when stopping suddenly or turning sharply. Watch right rear with side mirror for motorcycles and cars that sneak in while you are changing lanes or heading for an off-ramp. Enjoy your new toy.

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Good luck with your new unit. I wish you many safe miles.
A fiver was one of my past rvโ€™s as well.
During covid , having use of a smaller 24 ft โ€˜Cโ€™ was a life saver. We were able to use it for many day trips . It was something we could not do towing a trailer. You just have to get used to the rattles and groans inside a rolling along motorhome. Itโ€™s not as quiet as the pickup.

Stay on board, let us know how youโ€™re doing.