cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Water Leak - Storage compartment

rrunner
Explorer
Explorer
We have 2010 FourWinds Chateau 29BG with the 3 slides. On the driver's side exterior there is an outside storage compartment under the slide. After a rain or washing, and the slide is closed, there is water leaking into this fiberglass compartment. This compartment is next to the generator compartment. In the storage compartment, there is a wire loom coming down from the top of the compartment and goes to a box which goes into the generator. The water is seen leaking down the wire loom. It appears the source of the leak is above the wire loom.

I ran water on the roof for awhile and didn't notice any leaking down through the loom but when I sprayed water along the slide, below the window area, I noticed water dripping from the loom. I have removed the existing weathered sealant at the bottom of the slide where the horizontal slide molding is and replaced it with new sealant. After last nights rain, I still have a water leak although not as much as before.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Remove and reseal the window, could also be the slide seals or any seams including the roof area. Finding the source can be difficult, even not possible as water can travel a long way. Check and reseal everything including everything it can't be like a roof AC or other windows.

But sounds like it's the slide. Prior rig had slide roof fasteners that weren't caulked.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

rrunner
Explorer
Explorer
the storage compartment is not part of the slide but part of the Ford Chassis. the storage compartment does not slide.