cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Finally !!!

wjschill
Explorer
Explorer
After two years of looking for a Class A gasser, we narrowed our choices down to four, then two, and finally to one manufacturer.

FOUND IT...BOUGHT IT....PICKING IT UP Tuesday morning.

COVID was absolutely no help, but we gotter done.

New owners of a 2014 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 36LA.

I just need to get her back to Texas and put some new shoes on it. Really nice shape with only 21k miles.

Just had it NRVIA inspected. After 150 plus pages and over 300 photos, she came through with flying colors.

Our first motorhome, and after eight years....BACK ON THE ROAD AGAIN!!

You guys helped us get here.

Many thanks!!!!

Skip
KillingTime
8 REPLIES 8

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
We did the same last year after a couple of years of research and driving everything in our state to figure out which chassis we wanted. We had to drive 1K miles to TX while covid was raging through the lone star state first summer of pandemic, it was strange as every town appeared deserted.

Could not find anyone willing to inspect rig due to covid ravaging the country late July 2020, owners were wonderful and allowed us to stay 3 nights on their ranch where we tested both house and chassis functionality. I found alternator faulty and they had a mobile mechanic replace it.

Owners were just getting too old (he was 85, DW was 81) to use it, their kids in their 50s and 60s were fearful for them and finally convinced their Dad to sell it. We searched high and low throughout the country, everything we saw was snapped up immediately, great people they had no issue waiting for us.

We got the powertrain we desired and only 19K miles, needed some new rubber as well due to age, but it got us home no issues during a record setting TX heatwave. Took our time heading back home and enjoyed a couple of TX state parks as our state had closed our state parks indefinitely.

Glad to hear you are back in the game, hope you have many wonderful adventures in your new coach. We have had TTs, 5ers, and toyhaulers over 3 decades of RVing, frankly my DW was losing interest. She is reinvigorated and we are having the time of our lives, just us, kids grown, doing it our way.

stripit
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations on finding the right rig for you. Have a blast getting back out on the road.
Stacey Frank
2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40AP
2019 Tesla Model X
2015 Cadillac SRX we Tow
1991 Avanti Convertible

olfarmer
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations on your new motorhome! Enjoy!!!
Ed & Ruby & the 2 cats
2001 Winnebago Brave 30W
7.4 gas Work Horse Chassis
99 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Terrific news. Enjoy!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Use the side roads and see America.
Enjoy your travels.

Rick_Jay
Explorer II
Explorer II
Congratulations!!!

It took us over 2 years to decide on our first RV, the Class A in my signature. We started looking at small towables to tow behind our Honda Odyssey and ended up with a 36' Class A which we use to TOW our Odyssey! LOL

And like you, the great folks on these forums were very helpful as we decided what we needed. Seventeen years later and we still think it's about the best floorplan for our purposes (dual sofas, dual slide with 12 seat belted positions) and it's stood the test of time as our family has grown. When we bought the rig, our youngest wasn't even a year old yet. Now, he's 18!!! But the floorplan still works for us.

The hard part now is finding a time to get out as a family as all of the kids are now working. Retirement is within my sights, so pretty soon it'll just be wifey and I hitting the road most of the time, and we intend to keep using the same rig. That is, of course, unless I stumble upon that nicely kept 20-25 year old Prevost that strikes my fancy! LOL :B

Again, congratulations and enjoy!

~Rick
2005 Georgie Boy Cruise Master 3625 DS on a Workhorse W-22
Rick, Gail, 1 girl (27-Angel since 2008), 1 girl (22), 2 boys (23 & 20).
2001 Honda Odyssey, Demco Aluminator tow bar & tow plate, SMI Silent Partner brake controller.

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Don't forget a roadside assistance policy....just in case.

hohenwald48
Explorer
Explorer
Happy for you.

Don't forget to make those reservations. Things are different than they were 8 years ago. ๐Ÿ™‚
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

2019 Newmar Canyon Star 3627
2017 Jeep Wrangler JKU