cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Unicorn (F350) and 27-FL have arrived

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Truck was one of the most frustrating experiences I've had a in a long time. Friend was looking for the horn on the front, and called it a unicorn 🙂

Anyway, the Artic Fox dealer was incredibly patient, did a most awesome getting us what we wanted, including following up and installing a fireplace that isn't a factory option, that my wife found. They liked it so much, they ordered 4 units, sold them almost immediately and placed another order.

Glad I asked for clarification on the antenna/cable connections, because while they were trying to explain it to my dense brain matter, we discovered it had been miswired at the factory.

1st time owning and pulling a fifth wheel. I was dropped right into heavy traffic, accidents, and construction. I drove it for 3 hours, wife was going to drive for 2-3 hours, but got into even more construction and we didn't have a good option to switch. She drove an incredible 5 hours. Tired puppy she still is today. I drove the final 3 hours, through heavy rain, more construction.

It wasn't our intention to drive all the way home, but we did.

Here's my beautiful bride, our little S* Pap, the unicorn, and Love Shack III.

8 REPLIES 8

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations, it looks great! That's not much of a load for that F-350 though! :B
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Congrats on the new rig
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
philh wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Very Nice!!! Looks like a properly setup Truck and 5er. Nice to see you have plenty of truck for the load.

Nose is a tad high, I'm going to lower the hitch one notch.

Truck was set for possibility of a larger 5th later down the road. I highly doubt we will go large, this model punched all the requirements.

Photos can be deceiving! Really looks parallel to ground. Just don’t go less than 6” clearance at the tailgate.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Very Nice!!! Looks like a properly setup Truck and 5er. Nice to see you have plenty of truck for the load.

Nose is a tad high, I'm going to lower the hitch one notch.

Truck was set for possibility of a larger 5th later down the road. I highly doubt we will go large, this model punched all the requirements.

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lwiddis wrote:
Good lookin’ rig! When and where are you going on the first trip?

Since I'm working from home... for now, we're heading to FL in about a month. First two weeks will be travel to and actual vacation in Key West. After that, we'll be near Tampa for several months.

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Very nice family picture, and great looking rig! I'm sure all of you will get many years of memories!

Congrats,

Jerry

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Good lookin’ rig! When and where are you going on the first trip?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD