Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: Residential fridge
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Residential fridge

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev
Cptnvideo

Arizona - most of the time

View Profile

Posted: 02/19/22 01:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Michelle.S wrote:

I did a test when we first got ours, ran the Fridge for 36 Hours on the two size 31 12V batteries and battery voltage was still at 12.6. Now nothing else was in use so fridge was only load. This is with a Whirlpool fridge, different brands might have a different power draw.

If battery voltage was the same after 36 hours, then something had to be charging the batteries. Solar panels?

Bill & Linda
Arizona
2019 Dodge Ram Laramie 3500 dually 4x4 diesel
Hensley Trailer Saver BD5 hitch
2022 Grand Design Solitude 378MBS
1600 watts solar, 3kw inverter/charger, 3 206AH LiFePo4 batteries

Michelle.S

Western NY till fall, then Sebring, FL

View Profile

Posted: 02/19/22 03:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

No Solar or Shore power. Our Whirlpool is a very low draw fridge, plus it only draws power when the compressor is running, per the Inverter Remote Control draws 11 amps when running.

2018 Chevy 3500HD High Country Crew Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Dual AC, Fireplace, Sleep #Bed, Auto Sat Dish, Stack Washer/Dryer, Auto Level Sys, Disk Brakes, Onan Gen, 17.5" "H" tires, MORryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride, Dual Awnings, Full Body Paint

Endricken

Alabama

View Profile

Posted: 02/20/22 03:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hmmm
I replaced our failed legacy Fridge with an Apt size Fridge and the longest time it’s been off between Campgrounds is 8 hours and the Ice Cream stays Frozen. Of course we Don’t open it while on the road.
Not sure why there’s a problem unless maybe there’s not much in the Fridge.

Retired USAF
Silver 05 Dodge RAM LB CTD Dually 4Speed Auto SWD 3.73, Westin Sportsman Grill & Taillight Guards,Husky Mudguards, Retractable Ball Hitch, Onboard Air & Horns, MaxBrake - towing 2005 Keystone Montana Big Sky 3670 with Star Performance adapter

Ivylog

Blairsville, GA and WPB, FL.

View Profile

Posted: 02/20/22 06:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our 21 cuft Whirlpool draws 8 amps DC measured before the inverter…96 watts or 1 amp AC. It runs less than 50% of the time or 1.3 KW/day. One good 12V battery will run it 12-16 hours before needing recharged. A properly installed residential should come with a 1000W inverter and 2 extra batteries and Yes, your tuck shouldn’t have any problems beeping the batteries up, even with the small 12V charging wires.
OMG, a second alternator or a dc-dc converter to charge 8 amps part of the time…stay on the porch.

PS: we dry camp most of the summer and a residential refrigerator is my best mod ever.

This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45’...

wingcat

South Carolina

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/27/22 09:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I was worried about this also before we bought our Pinnacle with the residential fridge. No problems whatsoever and one of the best things about it, Is that it will cool down in about an hour compared to 6-8 hours. And that is without being plugged into electricity. We have 2 Interstate batteries. We drive up to 8 hours sometimes and the fridge and freezer are cold as it should be. Make sure your inverter is turned on.

2017 F-350 Lariat SB CC 6.7 Powerstroke Diesel
2020 Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS
1971 Corvette Convertible
2005 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 02/27/22 11:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"Make sure your inverter is turned on."

HA, yes was bitten once on that one!!!

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Residential fridge
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.