cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Class A Winnebago owners

dennysbabe
Explorer
Explorer
We're prior owners of a Grand Design fifth wheel and in the process of purchasing a 2008 Winnebago Sightseer M34. Wondering if anyone might have specific recommendations for a new 2008 Winnebago owner? I'm sure we'll have specific questions after we get it home and look forward to your "expert" advice.

Dennis & Phyllis
5 REPLIES 5

jspringator
Explorer
Explorer
I will reiterate the point about the roof. I would go on and reseal it. There is a utube showing how to do it. I tried to seal mine with Eternabomd, but there was not enough surface area on the J channel for the Eternabond to grip onto in order to hold the roof on in high winds. I used 3m 4200. It took 2 tubes per side, but that is for a 28 footer.
Jim & Sherri
02 Winnebago Sightseer 27c Class A;
"Scout" Springer Spaniel, gone but not forgotten;
"Boo" Chocolate Labradoodle.

wallynm
Explorer
Explorer
Cat said best mileage is to drive at the RPM WITH THE HIGHEST TORQUE for us that was ~60 mph and we ran 100 RPM higher that rated highest torque. We found lower elevations yielded higher mpg. We also ran with the tire pressure as recommended by the manufacture suggested based on the four corner weights
Have a Diesel Engine Diesel RV Club

Have a Freightliner FCOC Web Page

Living on the memories now
EX 02 DSDP 3567
EX 99 Coachmen
EX 86 Georgie Boy
EX 75 Winnie
EX 72 Sightseer
EX 68 Brave

THOSE THAT DO NOT KNOW HISTORY ARE DOOMED TO REPEAT IT

Pangaea_Ron
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2008 Itasca SunCruiser 35L that we bought in 2011 with 6,400 miles on it. We put about 5,000 miles per year on it and have had very few issues. Ours came with terrific manuals, and I have links to additional manuals on-line. I try to do most of the work myself, but use a local mechanic for chassis / engine work, and a RV repair facility nearby for repairs beyond my capabilities.

Y-Guy provides good advice. . . keep up with things and enjoy it.
2008 Itasca SunCruiser 35L
2014 Honda AWD CR-V EX-L

Y-Guy
I've owned ours since 2006, still love it and going strong. Be sure to bookmark and/or download the various PDFs for the electrical and plumbing diagrams.

* When using the slides or jacks, have your engine running.
* How old are the Coach and House Batteries?
* When was the RV last serviced, if you don't know plan on getting that done and have them check things over.
* How about the generator servicing? Same thing if you don't know when you probably should get it serviced (oil change & filters checked)
* The roof on our RVs needs to be inspected and resealed, you can find some info on here and online about this. But having it inspected by a RV tech is a good idea, if this is not maintained you can have the roof ripped off if the wind catches and edge.

You can do much of this yourself, just need to learn if not a good RV shop or mobile tech.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

Dave_in_TN
Nomad
Nomad
I previously had a 2007 Sightseer, and enjoyed the thorough information and schematics available on the Winnebago website. I assume they are still available back to 2008 at this point. Also called customer service a few times with questions and they were very helpful. So don’t be afraid to utilize those resources even though your rig is 13 years old.
Dave & Christy / 5 Awesome Girls (28,26,24, 18 and 16)
2021 Grand Design Solitude 378MBS
2019 Ford F-350 SRW 6.7