cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Shakedown Run

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
Directly after we bought it we put new tires on and drove 1,100 miles to socal with all the issues.....bedroom slide broke, had to manually push the slide out and in and use a clamp to keep it in place either way. The water tank was in need of cleaning BADLY. And it needed a total clean and sanitize of the interior.

We've spent the last month cleaning and fixing all her ills, and made reservations to Cat Spa, our old private CG that went public years ago, for a shakedown run. We picked there because of the no sulfur hot spring feed hot tubs and pools.....forgot how great they were! Anyhow we spent 5 days and 4 nights going back and forth between full hookups and basically boondocking in the CG, passing with flying colors.

The desert was....well the desert. Windy at times and we even got a storm that dumped rain and wind for an hour. This is where we found another issue. The coach didn't leak a drop thankfully, but we had a problem that we didn't plan for. The next morning we pulled up and rigged for driving. It seems that our living room slide pools water on the top, and the slide seals don't push it off when closing. Needless to say the fist time I hit the brakes the "pool" came forward and onto me the driver....ROFLMAO!! It was an interesting moment to say the least. I have a new "chore" when camping in the rain....drop the drivers side of the coach and lift the passenger side, to empty the water. Or squeegee the roof off before...lol.

Either way, we are happy to report that she is now a fully functional rig and we are in countdown mode to get on the road.

COME ON SPRING!!!

Chuck & Ruth with 4-legged Molly
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP
4 REPLIES 4

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
dodge guy wrote:
Always a fun learning experience. It would be money well spent to the metal a slide out awning. Not only for the water, it will also keep the slide out ceiling cool.

I has leaf catchers on both slides and they don't help during sideways rain.....lol.
Chuck & Ruth with 4-legged Molly
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Always a fun learning experience. It would be money well spent to the metal a slide out awning. Not only for the water, it will also keep the slide out ceiling cool.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad
Very nice! Enjoy your new ride.
2010 Suncruiser

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
LOL. At least you got out of the house....