cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Water pump question

Deano_1
Explorer
Explorer

Where would I add a winterization kit or use an existing fitting to add antifreeze to my system?

Is the white plastic circle to the left of the pump a filter?

Thanks
8 REPLIES 8

Deano_1
Explorer
Explorer
I will give that a try. Thanks!

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Deano_1 wrote:
Is the inlet value to the lower right?

The inlet is after the sediment filter, and should be marked with an arrow in.

You could add a by pass valve (AF kit) a bit before the filter. It may cause a slight restriction in water flow from tank, but many use them without issue.

You can get a screw on fitting, just like the one attached to pump, after the filter. It is easy to use an extra fitting, with whatever length of pex needed to reach AF jug. In this case, just unscrew existing fitting, turn on fabricated fitting/hose, put end in jug.

Jerry

Fisherman
Explorer
Explorer
Where would I add a winterization kit or use an existing fitting to add antifreeze to my system?
It has to be added on the inlet side of the pump. If you get another hand threaded fitting and about 4 feet of appropriate sized hose, you can switch out the filter side with the short piece and stick the hose in a jug of RV antifreeze.

Fisherman
Explorer
Explorer
I would believe that filter is on the inlet side of the system, no sense trying to run debris through the pump. That's how both mine have worked.

Deano_1
Explorer
Explorer
Is the inlet value to the lower right?

TUCQUALA
Explorer
Explorer
A 2 way valve and 2-3 ft hose can be added directly to the filter inlet side. Not sure what components the kits have, but should have all or almost all. Hose length is what you need to reach the A/F jug!!

If you can't push the pex tube back far enough to add the valve, cut and use sharkbite fittings as necc.
'16 Outdoors Timber Ridge 280RKS
Reese 1700# Trunnion w/ DualCam HP
'03 EXCURSION XLT V10 4.30 Axles

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
It is more of a screen then a filter. You can clean debris such as sand by removing the top clear portion.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
looks like it could be. I haven't seen/had one that looks like that however.
I assume that there is some way to remove that top piece?????
bumpy