Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Replacing New Trailer King RST+: Only Option Is Carlisle??
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Replacing New Trailer King RST+ : Only Option Is Carlisle??

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/19/21 06:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

What do your LOADED axles weigh?

Hinting around about those Endurance tires of yours are you ??? [emoticon] Being that he has OE F rated tires I wouldn’t even be thinking about Goodyear Endurance on his fifth wheel .

OP needs to shop around , and get a set of Sailuns made in China , probably smart to stay away from Vietnam until it gets figured out . But doubtful even the Vietnam made are going to be a big issue .

bucky

Raleigh metro

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/20/21 03:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It's possible that the F rated tires are all that were available at the time of the build due to the shortage of everything now.. Cummin12V98 is right, what does it weigh and what does the label say on the coach about weights and tire usage.
I've run Carlisle HDs on several RVs without a single issue. I've used Firestone Transforce as well without incident.

2005 Cummins 3500 2WD LB quad cab dually pulling a 2014 Blue Ridge 3025RL

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/20/21 08:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bucky wrote:

It's possible that the F rated tires are all that were available at the time of the build due to the shortage of everything now.. Cummin12V98 is right, what does it weigh and what does the label say on the coach about weights and tire usage.
I've run Carlisle HDs on several RVs without a single issue. I've used Firestone Transforce as well without incident.

So you are suggesting to go down in rating ,possibly to an E rated tire ?? Thats what I am pretty sure 12V is alluding to , to go to a E rated Goodyear endurance. If anything I would up a rating ,not down. That means G rated .

I pretty sure those labels reflect what rated tire came on it from the factory. My 2008 was labeled E rated tire 235/80/16 My 2015 was labeled G rated 235/80/16 , both fifth wheels were 15,500 GVWR. I'm guessing the OP is at least that 15,500, if not his fifth most likely would have come with E rated .

Need to hear from the OP on weights .

Curly2001

Tucson, Arizona

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/20/21 09:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Purchased Carlisle tires for my trailer last year and on the second trip blew one out. I had checked pressure before I left but did not have tire monitors on them. There was just a ring of rubber around the rim when a passerby let me know about the issue. Took them back to Discount Tire and purchased Goodyear Endurance. They have run fine.
Curly

2019 Chev. Double cab 2500HD, 6.0, 4:10 diffs, six speed auto
2013 Heartland Sundance XLT 265RK

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 10/20/21 09:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

cummins2014 wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Hinting around about those Endurance tires of yours are you ??? [emoticon] Being that he has OE F rated tires I wouldn’t even be thinking about Goodyear Endurance on his fifth wheel .

OP needs to shop around , and get a set of Sailuns made in China , probably smart to stay away from Vietnam until it gets figured out . But doubtful even the Vietnam made are going to be a big issue .

NOPE, If he knows his weights he may have other options.

Seems like an odd load range, never hear of it on an OE RV.

Since you brought it up he sure could go with the ENDURANCE 255/85R16 in load range "E" with 4,080# capacity. I am betting he has WAYYYYY less weight on each tire!

Let's say his tire weight is 3,500#, PLEASE tell us all WHY he couldn't run the US Made ENDURANCE I list???

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 10/20/21 09:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Curly2001 wrote:

Purchased Carlisle tires for my trailer last year and on the second trip blew one out. I had checked pressure before I left but did not have tire monitors on them. There was just a ring of rubber around the rim when a passerby let me know about the issue. Took them back to Discount Tire and purchased Goodyear Endurance. They have run fine.
Curly

Please keep us updated as time goes by on how the ENDURANCE are performing for you. 4 plus years now on my 2017 dated ENDURANCE tires on my Boat trailer that I tow at 70mph all Summer.

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/20/21 10:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

cummins2014 wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Since you brought it up he sure could go with the ENDURANCE 255/85R16 in load range "E" with 4,080# capacity. I am betting he has WAYYYYY less weight on each tire!

Let's say his tire weight is 3,500#, PLEASE tell us all WHY he couldn't run the US Made ENDURANCE I list???

If that tire size will fit his rims . Have never looked at the specs for that size Endurance.

Yes some of the Montana High Country's have come OE F rated , from what I have read on the Montana forum .

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/20/21 11:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

cummins2014 wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

I took a look at the specs on the Endurance ,calls for a 7" rim, most likely he is running 6" , that leaves out those size Endurance ,unless you think he should run them on an undersized rim ? Otherwise ,maybe you have other suggestions for a tire for him .

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 10/20/21 11:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There is another that has a big rating that may use narrower rim.

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 10/20/21 02:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The 255/85R16 rim width spec is 6.5-8". The 235/85R16 has 3,640# @ 80psi rating with a rim size 6-7.5".

So the GY ENDURANCE is a real choice for heavier 5er's.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Replacing New Trailer King RST+ : Only Option Is Carlisle??
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.