cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Solar sale

NatParkJunkie
Explorer
Explorer
Amazon is having a sale on Renogy solar equipment right now. solar panels, charge controllers, dc to dc charge controllers, some inverters. 15-30% discounts right now.

renogy sale

Jackery power boxes are also on sale if you need a little pick me up
jackary sale
3 REPLIES 3

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just doubled the solar on our roof a month ago. After next season I will decide if I want to double it again.

In the process, I discovered that the original solar (installed by the dealer) was wired wrong. I bought the stuff to double the solar because I was getting insufficient charging. I discovered that I was getting NO charging, but already had the stuff to install the second panel. (The dealer had hooked both the positive and negative wires from the solar to the hot terminal of the battery. He also didn't install fuses. While in there, I added a disconnect switch between the solar panels and the solar controller.)
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

roostonu
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought 4 Renogy 100w panels on Amazon for less than a dollar a watt. There for my golf cart though lol.

As for whether or not you can run A/C or space heaters off solar, yes you can but it's expensive. Like around $10k expensive and you need lots of roof for the panels. Once you have it though it's pretty amazing. Dry camped for 4 nights running the furnace all night, set my Kuerig to heat up at 5:00 am and stays on for 2 hours. Even if there's no sun, with lithium batteries I can charge them fully in an hour or two max with the generator and a 120a charger.

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
We love our Renogy solar panels and portable suitcase, great when RVing out in the open, sky is clear and temps are nice. We can power all our audio/video equipment among other AC/DC devices without cranking up the genny. The main downfall is when sky is clear but temps are extreme, they can't power ACs or space heaters, we don't hesitate to power up the Onan and all is well again. One button simplicity and we can enjoy our rig as if plugged in, we use it only during hours allowed.

If I feel like not hearing gennies being utilized at the campground, I would camp where their usage is prohibited, not an issue for us as we haven't left home for a couple of decades without a genny onboard. Anywhere we stop we have full usage of all the amenities our rig provides, makes for stressless (most importantly DW is happy) RVing no matter the weather mother nature is currently dispensing. We enjoy peace and quiet as well, that's why we prefer hookups during inclement weather.