cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Replacement Battery Temp sensor

Robbie_Welch
Explorer
Explorer
I need to replace my house Battery temp sensors they are the stick on type. What's out there? What brands seem to work best? I tried searching with no luck. I had a recommendation in a previous post but cant find that either. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Robbie
4 REPLIES 4

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Trace has been discontinued for almost 20 years. They were a product of a Merger between Trace and Heart to form Xantrex. It is AMAZING that your Trace still functions. Trace had a lot of reliability problems with their RV Inverter/Chargers 20 years ago. I would contac Xantrex and give them your Trace Model number and see if they have a current replacement that will work with your Trace. What the Battery sensor does, is monitor the temp of the battery bank and drops the charge rate if the battery bank starts to get to hot. I would just unplug the Temp sensor until you figure out what to do. Most Inverter/Chargers, while they usually supply the temp sensor in the box, a lot of times, they were not really used. Doug

Robbie_Welch
Explorer
Explorer
The inverter is a Trace. Two of the sensors are off the wiring. If I have the temp sensor plugged in to the inverter the inverter limits the charge to 12volts when I unplug it the inverter charges normally (13 plus volts).

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
What makes you think they are bad? They just use 2 sided tape to hold them on the side of the battery case. You can also wedge them between 2 of the batteries to hold in place. Most stick on were Heart/Trace/Xantrex brand Inverters. The temp sensor is for the Inverter charge function. Doug

sundancer268
Explorer
Explorer
What brand of equipment is the sensor sending it's information to? Magnum, Trimetic maybe Xantex. With that information, someone could help you.
U. S. Navy (RETIRED) 1993
1995 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser 34' Diesel Pusher Cummins B5.9 12 Valve Engine, Allison MD-3060 6 Speed Transmission.
TOAD: 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
Road Master Sterling All-Terrain, Airforce One