cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paint/fabric protection package

two_travelers
Explorer
Explorer
We are in the process of purchasing a Winnebago View from Lichtsinn RV in Iowa. They are trying to sell us a exterior/interior protection package called Protect that is guaranteed for 5 years. No waxing and the bugs come off easily. I got a paint protection on our current RV 5years ago and it lasted 6 months was reapplied and lasted another 6 months. Needless to say, I'm some what leary of these products. Is any one familiar with this product and how well it works?
6 REPLIES 6

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
Brandon the Traveler wrote:
I spent a year doing prep and detail for a Ford dealer in the earlyv1980s. When a buyer purchased the $199.00 "fabric protection" package, we sprayed a can of Scotchguard on the seats if we had it. If we didn't have it we sprayed nothing.

I worked at a dealership in the 90's as well. They really pushed the ceramic coating on the cars with a 5 year guarantee. I was talking with the installer and ask if there was any maintenance involved after the application. His reply was he would recommend a good paste wax twice a year.

OP these treatments do nothing more than lighten your wallet.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
You didn't purchase the extended warranty for $$$$ did you? Pretty much worthless gimmicks that reward the seller generously.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Brandon the Traveler wrote:
I spent a year doing prep and detail for a Ford dealer in the earlyv1980s. When a buyer purchased the $199.00 "fabric protection" package, we sprayed a can of Scotchguard on the seats if we had it. If we didn't have it we sprayed nothing.

This is the answer to the OP's question.

Brandon_the_Tra
Explorer
Explorer
I went.

lhenry8113
Explorer
Explorer
Put your $$'s into a good hand/paste exterior wax job. If you have slides-get the sides and top waxed as well
2017 Chev/CLass C Forest River Forester 2251 SLE

A Positive Attitude May Not Solve All Your Problems But It Will Annoy Enough People To Make It Worth The Effort.
H Albright

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think you already know the answer . The only thing that allows rv protection is a roof.