Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Well, they're put away....
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Well, they're put away....

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
blofgren

Surrey, B.C.

View Profile

Posted: 10/20/21 08:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We finally had a break in the seemingly non-stop rain yesterday that we have had here for weeks now after record breaking heat this summer. We took the opportunity to take the fiver and boat to indoor storage. [emoticon]

As much as I'm happy that they are dry and clean inside, it sure is a depressing thing to do. We didn't get to use them as much as usual this year due to many wildfires, and campgrounds that were constantly full. Oh well, hopefully next year will be better and relaxing COVID restrictions will mean campgrounds will have some space.

Come on spring!

2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, RAM 20k sliding hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

mleekamp

Washington, IL

View Profile

Posted: 10/21/21 04:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here, here! We got 2 "big" trips in this year but they were shadows of what would have been done in normal years. And like you, it's a sad day to retire the RV for the winter...we did that last weekend.

Good news is we've already booked a trip in 2022...and barely got campsites as people are booking really early (like we did...so I'm part of that!).

2019 Jayco Redhawk 29XK Class C, Ford V10 E450 with Roadmaster Hitch Mounted Spare Tire holder, Bigfoot Hydraulic Leveling

IB853347201

Eastern Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 10/21/21 06:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

blofgren wrote:

We didn't get to use them as much as usual this year due to campgrounds that were constantly full. Oh well, hopefully next year will be better and relaxing COVID restrictions will mean campgrounds will have some space.

A wise man once told me that "hope" was not a strategy.
If I was you i would start reserving now for next summer to ensure they have a space for you.
I know I am....

2010 Suncruiser

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Well, they're put away....
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.