cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Custom rims for my Class C

Kober
Explorer
Explorer
I hate hubcaps. I'm looking for a set of custom wheels for my RV that sits on a Ford E450 Chassis. Standard 16" wheels won't fit due the oversize calipers on RVs an susrprisingly Discount Tire has not been able to help.
Any sources for a nice set of 16" would be appreciated.
2014 Coachmen Freelander 29qb, towing a trailer with my toys:
2020 Honda Talon SXS, or
2006 Royal Star Tour Deluxe
2008 Road Star 1100
PATRIOT GUARD RIDER, AMERICAN LEGION RIDER
Retired 25 years US ARMY, retired 24 years business owner
8 REPLIES 8

Kober
Explorer
Explorer
ron.dittmer wrote:
Kober wrote:
IAMICHABOD wrote:
Some one here used This Place for Alcoa wheels.
Ordered a set.
I ordered from them too, the Dura-Bright version of the Alcoa wheels last spring. Per our bathroom scale, an Alcoa wheel weighs 20 pounds less than a stock Ford steel wheel.....63 pounds versus 83 pounds with a new Michelin Agilis CrossClimate tire mounted. Here they are on our rig.

This is exactly the setup I just put on ours. I have the same wheels on my Dodge Dually since 2004 just not in durabright.

Thanks to everyone who replied.
2020 Honda Talon SXS, or
2008 Road Star 1100

ron_dittmer
Explorer
Explorer
Kober wrote:
IAMICHABOD wrote:
Ordered a set.
I ordered from them too, the Dura-Bright version of the Alcoa wheels last spring. Per our bathroom scale, an Alcoa wheel weighs 20 pounds less than a stock Ford steel wheel.....63 pounds versus 83 pounds with a new Michelin Agilis CrossClimate tire mounted. Here they are on our rig.

Kober
Explorer
Explorer
IAMICHABOD wrote:

Ordered a set.
2020 Honda Talon SXS, or
2008 Road Star 1100

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
RetiredRealtorRick wrote:
Maybe a nice quality set of stainless steel simulators? I've always thought those looked good.

But get the bolt on type. Look great & no fear of them popping off & rolling down the road.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe a nice quality set of stainless steel simulators? I've always thought those looked good.
. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
So, what fits? 17s, 18s?
I thought pretty much all E350/450 chassis had and have 16โ€ wheels.
Regardless, any aftermarket wheel mfg that makes wheels for dually pickups will very likely have what your looking for in several styles. There are a plethora of online wheel retailers.
You may need to search for F350 dually wheels. Although I think those have been 17s (stock size) for years now.
It can be a challenge if you donโ€™t see your direct application by vehicle model. Get the diameter, width , offset and lug pattern of your OE wheels and search by that size maybe.

Or if your only looking to buy from a storefront business, try other tire shops that sell a lot of aftermarket wheels, or 4wd shops like 4wheelparts.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

PartyOf_Five
Explorer
Explorer
We sprayed the rim with the bright silver paint and it's surprisingly satisfying.
PartyOf5 appreciating our Creator thru the created. 5 yrsL 50k, 49 states & 9 provinces.

May you find Peace in all you endeavor.