cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Another issue

Danford50
Explorer
Explorer
our 2016 coachman catalina fb223 we purchased this unit used from a dealer and on our first trip we found out that the water heater did not work , when we turn on the water heater the water was still cold. do i need to replace the water heater?
10 REPLIES 10

hohenwald48
Explorer
Explorer
opnspaces wrote:
Before you turn on the water heater open the access door and lift the lever on the pressure relief valve and make sure water comes out and keeps coming out if the pump is on or you are hooked up. If no water your winter bypass valves are in the wrong position.

And if that's the case and you flipped those switches on there's a good chance you'll need a new water heater element. You can get them at Lowes or HD.
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

2019 Newmar Canyon Star 3627
2017 Jeep Wrangler JKU

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
Before you turn on the water heater open the access door and lift the lever on the pressure relief valve and make sure water comes out and keeps coming out if the pump is on or you are hooked up. If no water your winter bypass valves are in the wrong position.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

Danford50
Explorer
Explorer
ok i have good news to report, i think i have found the problem, after checking the breaker, and it hadn't trip i went out and open the water heater compartment and look around and i noticed that the water heater was in the off position, I also noticed that the anode rod had lot of rust around it, so i am going to replace the anode rod if i can get it out. I will try the water heater this week when go to the beach hopefully that will fix that problem , thanks to everyone for you assistance.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Gonna have to help us out a little more there OP. Otherwise the answer is affirmatively yes, or maybe no, or provide more info to get some actual help.
Electric or LP?
Check breaker or is the gas on?
Is the water heater bypassed?
Is it full of water (hopefully)?
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
When you turned it on did you hear it heating water? If so, Iโ€™d check to see if the water heater bypass valves are set to bypass.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

JGCorm
Explorer
Explorer
A friend had hot water in tank and cold water in hot water tap.
The problem was one of the by pass valve was closed.

USAFBILL
Explorer
Explorer
If trying to heat on shore power ( 120 volt AC ) be sure the electric element is still working. They burn out if the tank is ever activated without water in it. Cheap and easy to replace
2003 Cougar 285EFS
2000 Chev 2500 Ex Cab

wanderingbob
Explorer II
Explorer II
Be sure and check , does the tank have water in it ?

wanderingbob
Explorer II
Explorer II
Are you running it on shore power or propane ? Do you have propane , is the tank turned on , does it auto-ignite or do you have to manually light it ?

wanderingbob
Explorer II
Explorer II
Are you running it on shore power or propane ? Do you have propane , is the tank turned on , does it auto-ignite or do you have to manually light it ?