cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anybody else have bad issues with RV Value Mart?

mkenyon2
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry if this sounds a bit like a vent session. Maybe it is.

We're looking to find a trailer, and have a limited budget. Found this one:
https://www.rvvaluemart.com/product/used-2006-starcraft-antigua-305qbs-1623698-29

It's under our budget, and looks nice inside. They say:

Needs a little TLC and exterior detail to make it nice for the price-Sold AS-IS

But they had no more details on their page. (Still don't at time of posting this.) I emailed them for a few more details, and a few days later I got this:

The 2006 Starcraft is still available. To see pricing and detailed information, please see;

https://www.rvvaluemart.com/rv-search?s=true&stocknumber=starcraft

Please let me know if you would like to take a look at it.

I know I'm not looking at the shiny new BIG MONEY trailers, but doesn't seem like they're even trying.
MK and my Wifey from PA
TV: 2011 Ford F150 SuperCrew 4WD (V6 3.5L/213)
Trailer: 2013 Heartland Trail Runner 25 SLE

We've only camped in 2 states? Quick, pack the trailer we have to CAMP!
14 REPLIES 14

Cristian123
Explorer
Explorer
I prefer addressing only the trusted and biggest companies. I can suggest checking the General RV service. This is the nation's largest family-owned RV dealer with several offices in different states. If you have doubts, it is always possible to find and read the general rv reviews by link, I'm sure a lot of people use their services.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Michelle.S wrote:
Their comment "Sold As Is" is a Red Flag. Do you feel Lucky? It could be a good deal with only minor work required or it could just turn into a "Money Pit On Wheels".
Go look at it if close enough and maybe bring along an RVing friend for another set of eyes.

Red flag? Itโ€™s 15 years old. Advertising it with any sort of warranty would actually be a red flag! Lol.

That said, the original question is a bit silly. If youโ€™re interested in buying a used (vehicle/ RV/etc), why wouldnโ€™t you make your best initial assessment and go look at it in person?
It is not for sale on Amazon and this is not an issue that the internet can help you with.
If itโ€™s a solid candidate verify in person.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

aguablanco
Explorer
Explorer
If it is close enough go and look at it. If you still like it offfer $4K and work from there. Retail, according to NADA, is $5750. Be sure to inspect the roof and look for any water damage.
RichH
2017 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
8 Speed Transmission
2010 Dutchmen 24 FB-SL
Curt 10,000# WDH
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
Never heard of them until now. Many years ago I used RV trader to find my TT with great results for over 12 years until I sold it for a good price to RV dealer.

Beverley_Ken
Explorer
Explorer
I looked through their website at other โ€œAS ISโ€ units and they โ€˜seemedโ€™ to be upfront about, water damage, delamination, soft spots etc. If you are close enough for a personal visit, to get a hands on touch, see and smell (musty moisture). You will have a better idea if you want to proceed further, hire an independent inspector to check for hidden damage from leaks etc, operation of appliances and potential repair costs.
Yes picture shows the exterior does need TLC, a lot of elbow grease, but what else hasnโ€™t been taken care of. Tires, brakes and wheel bearings.

Ken
2006 Winnebago Outlook 29B E-450.
2012 Honda CR-V AWD
Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar and Brake Buddy Vantage.

by the way, now that I'm not looking on my small phone screen, I see that the cabinets look like they may have water damage on the top of 1 of the left doors.??? Its the picture with the AC in the shot....

Can't 100% tell from a pic
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
IF you hire an inspector for the RV, do not let the seller recommend one. Find your own ... Best place to ask, an RV park nearby. The RV park will recommend one that needs repeat business for the RV people, not the dealer. JMHO ๐Ÿ™‚
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
MK,

It was undoubtedly a trade-in. The sales people won't make jack on this deal. They need it off the lot to make space for more profitable things.

There are not many pictures that show ceiling, and the one where the A/C is has some shadows. If those are water spots, don't just walk away, RUN!!!

You need to go and see this and it would be even better if you could take a friend that has had bed experiences with RVs with you. 6K$us is barely worth hiring an inspector, but you should ask and you might get one.

I hope it works out for you.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

Michelle_S
Explorer II
Explorer II
Their comment "Sold As Is" is a Red Flag. Do you feel Lucky? It could be a good deal with only minor work required or it could just turn into a "Money Pit On Wheels".
Go look at it if close enough and maybe bring along an RVing friend for another set of eyes.
2018 Chevy 3500HD High Country Crew Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Dual AC, Fireplace, Sleep #Bed, Auto Sat Dish, Stack Washer/Dryer, Auto Level Sys, Disk Brakes, Onan Gen, 17.5" "H" tires, MORryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride, Dual Awnings, Full Body Paint

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Buying a RV is a highly up close subjective and personal thing.

Keyboard buying is remote and impersonal, photos tend to lie and misrepresent the actual condition.

Ads are placed to entice you to go see it in person.

If it close enough to you, go and see it in person then make your choice.

dedmiston
Hey mkenyon2,

They probably aren't going to spend a lot of time with you discussing a $6k trailer.

Is this very far from you? Can you swing by and see it in person?

Are you experienced enough to inspect it yourself to figure out all of the options and see where the bodies are buried? If not, search for a mobile tech in your area and see if you can hire him/her to spend an hour or two going through the rig for you. It would be money well spent, plus it might give you some negotiating points.

It's a sellers' market right now, so there's no telling how much time they'll be willing to spend with you on this sale.

Good luck! ๐Ÿ™‚

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
FTG is right, as you now realize. When dealers have units online, they get many online inquires. They can't spend too much time on follow up, until the potential customer shows real interest. Talking with you, they get a better feel! They can determine if you are even a qualified buyer. Telling them you will be paying cash, will light their bulb!

Jerry

mkenyon2
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe you're right... I wasn't feeling great this AM. Perhaps I'm just used to doing everything through a keyboard.
MK and my Wifey from PA
TV: 2011 Ford F150 SuperCrew 4WD (V6 3.5L/213)
Trailer: 2013 Heartland Trail Runner 25 SLE

We've only camped in 2 states? Quick, pack the trailer we have to CAMP!

everybody email, texts, whatever.. NOBODY ever just calls and speaks face to face anymore.. Nobody just Shows up and looks.... give them a call and ask about it... strike up a conversation....Good things may come

Not sure its worth calling it a bad issue?
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet