cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Suggestions for new wall mount stereo

eldel
Explorer
Explorer
As part of our winter refit I want to include a wall mount stereo in our class-c so that I don't have to leave the ignition on to use the dash mount system.

The units I've seen so far are distinctly underwhelming. I don't want CD/DVD capability but I do want to be able to get an aux input (laptop for movies) or somehow have an SD card and a way of selecting content. The available ones all seem to have a 6" depth to accommodate a DVD.

Anyone have any ideas if such a thing is possible/available or am I looking at creating something from scratch?
5 REPLIES 5

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Timmo! wrote:
3x on Crutchfield.

Crutchfield is a fairly good "resource" when comparing features between units.

However, they are not the lowest priced and if your install doesn't require specialized adapters, face plates and lengthy instructions then why pay the extra money for the ones included in Crutchfields packages?

The last few vehicles I have installed car stereos in, Crutchfield had zero information, zero adapters and when called could not advise if the stereos I picked would fit since the vehicles were new model yrs.

You can often take the model number you have selected and do an internet search to find better pricing. The last few I have bought, Amazon beat Crutchfields pricing by a good 25%.

Timmo_
Explorer II
Explorer II
3x on Crutchfield.
Tim & Sue
Hershey (Sheltie)
2005 F150 4x4 Lariat 5.4L 3.73 Please buy a Hybrid...I need your gas for my 35.7 gallon tank!
2000 Nash 19B...comfortably pimped with a real Queen Size Bed

vermilye
Explorer
Explorer
2X on Crutchfield. They have filters that let you input your requirements, then list the available receivers.

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
Try crutchfield.com
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
No CD or DVD? What you are looking for is called a car stereo media receiver.

SEE HERE

They are generally going to be same size as most any car stereo "DIN" standards typical of modern day car stereos although the depth may be shallower without the CD/DVD mech.