cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Truck Camper Rally

c_traveler2
Nomad
Nomad
Truck Camper Adventure Rally is happening this February 2022 in Quartzite, Arizona. All truck campers are welcome!

Here's the link for signing up and further information.
TCA Rally
2007 F-250 4x4 /6.0 PSD/ext cab/ 2020 Bunduvry

Lance 815/ 85 watts solar panel (sold)
2020 Bunduvry by BundutecUSA

Travelingman2 Photo Website
Truck Camper Trip Reports 3.0
travelingman21000 YouTube Videos
Alex and Julie's Travels Blog
15 REPLIES 15

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
mike/kellie wrote:
We're just south of activity central having arrived after hours Wednesday. Come by and say hi if you're here. I'll take some pics. Met some Host owners and toured a new Cascade, and Youkon. A nice couple in a Cascadefrom Alaska just left for Lake Havasu this morning-

I'm in the S&S across from 3 HOSTS south of stage meeting area.

mike_kellie
Explorer II
Explorer II
We're just south of activity central having arrived after hours Wednesday. Come by and say hi if you're here. I'll take some pics. Met some Host owners and toured a new Cascade, and Youkon. A nice couple in a Cascadefrom Alaska just left for Lake Havasu this morning-
2015 Host Mammoth triple slide w/ TorkLift Fastguns
2015 Ram 5500 SLT cab & chassis with Douglass 9' utility body

zb39
Explorer
Explorer
Wish i was there. Post pics please. Some of us are still under a foot of snow.
2017 Host mammoth, sold
49 states, 41 National Parks, 7 Provinces
2019 2 door Rubicon 6 spd.
2019 Berkshire XLT 45B
2022 Host Cascade
2021 Ram 5500 Air ride

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
I pulled into the rally late the night of the 10th. Lot of truck campers here. Need to get a good night of sleep after my long long drive to get here.

c_traveler2
Nomad
Nomad
Camper_Jeff_&_Kelli wrote:
c.traveler2 wrote:
c.traveler2 wrote:
I signed up. I am interested in the desert caravan. Not associated with the rally this year but there must be signup available if anyone knows.

We've been wanting to make a trip back to Death Valley or possible a Mojave trail run. Either of these would be a good journey.

North Rim Grand Canyon and possibly Hogs Back would be interesting to do. Lots of question as to a large camper can do it but I've seen video of people with similar sized setups doing it so,,, Maybe.

Tuweep area of the North Rim is a good place to go, you need a permit to use the NP campsites and which "Hog Back" are you talking about?
Murphy Hogback

Just got home from doing the White Rim Trail, which includes the Hogback climb. Due to a storm that happen the week before our trip (Nov.28-Dec. 2, 2021) we couldn't do the hardscrabble shelf road this time and had to turn back at Murphy's campsite. Still it was a great adventure, I have several video on my YouTube channel on the WRT.

sljohnson1938
Explorer
Explorer
for those of you going - at this point in time there are 250 signed up for the rally. that is a bunch.

wish i was one of them, but not possible at this time.

up to 265 as of 12-13-2021

WOW

and that is 265 vehicles - or about 500 people

as of today up to 288 and the sign ups have been closed.
wow - that should be quite a rally.
1999 Dodge 3500 CTD dually
Ham radio - WU4S

mike_kellie
Explorer II
Explorer II
We are attending. It will be our second time with the group. We did the first one, planned for the second but the production of our new camper was delayed. Looking forward to it-
2015 Host Mammoth triple slide w/ TorkLift Fastguns
2015 Ram 5500 SLT cab & chassis with Douglass 9' utility body

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
Is anybody else attending the Truck Camper Rally this February at Roadrunner Wash in Quartzite? Looks to be about 240 or so signed up at this time. Looking forward to it.

c_traveler2
Nomad
Nomad
Camper_Jeff_&_Kelli,

That video is of Mello Mike and myself climbing Murphy Hogback, I did the videoing and Mike edited it. This was Mike's first time on the WRT and my 4th.

Max width for a camper based on experience is 87 inches without the camper jacks. The reason for this width is that there are some rock outcropping 7-10 high that you'll have to get pass. Otherwise, you could do a good portion of this trail and exit the way you came in.

If you have questions PM me, I'll be glad to help.

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
c.traveler2 wrote:
c.traveler2 wrote:
I signed up. I am interested in the desert caravan. Not associated with the rally this year but there must be signup available if anyone knows.

We've been wanting to make a trip back to Death Valley or possible a Mojave trail run. Either of these would be a good journey.

North Rim Grand Canyon and possibly Hogs Back would be interesting to do. Lots of question as to a large camper can do it but I've seen video of people with similar sized setups doing it so,,, Maybe.

Tuweep area of the North Rim is a good place to go, you need a permit to use the NP campsites and which "Hog Back" are you talking about?
Murphy Hogback

c_traveler2
Nomad
Nomad
c.traveler2 wrote:

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
When you go to North Rim, don't bother to check in the campgrounds.
The campground was full when I was there, but they posted maps to boondocking sites, close behind park gates. We had lot of privacy and unlimited fire wood, When next day I met a guy who spend night at campground, smelling neighbor sewer.

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
c.traveler2 wrote:

c_traveler2
Nomad
Nomad