cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

5th wheel tailgate

steelshooter
Explorer
Explorer
Hope this is the right place. Has anyone tried to find one of the 5th wheel tailgates to fit a new 2020 GMC 2500. Every thing i see says it wont fit. I am afraid if I dont take mine off i will damage it and it is one of those new multipro tailgates. I have been taking it off and putting it back after each use but it is very heavy and is getting old.
Hope someone has some insight. Thank you for your time
6 REPLIES 6

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Lol is right! That silly Swiss Army knife tailgate is basically only good for fat people who couldnโ€™t otherwise get themselves up into a truck bed. And for auto body shop repairs apparentlyโ€ฆ.

Itโ€™s a bummer if one canโ€™t option out that thing even on high optioned trucks.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

steelshooter
Explorer
Explorer
Super Dave, thanks for the idea, I had not given that a thought. I have not damaged mine yet but the only time I hooked up with the gate down I was not perfectly straight and only had about 2 inches between the corner of the tailgate and the camper front. Scared the **** out of me so I decide to find another option. On my old truck I always removed the tailgate but it was much less complicated. the gates with the camera and push button opener have a wiring harness to remove and it is a pain.

Brandon_the_Tra
Explorer
Explorer
Lol.....there are plenty of folks who inadvertently pushed the key fob button lowering the step portion of those tailgates while they had the drawbar and ball in the receiver......Oops, over a grand in damage instantly. So many have done it Curt or someone now makes a sleeve you slide into the receiver that connects to the wiring harness, and it will not let you operate the tailgate when the drawbar is installed.
I went.

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
Is there enough room to lower the tailgate when hooking up?

We did that for years...never had an issue.

Got a v-gate and hit it like 3 times in the first month (just barely caught it). Luckily it was plastic and just flexed a little.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
Would a nylon web tailgate be easier until one of the V gates comes out for your model?
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
I searched, too, and it looks like nobody has come out with one for the 2020+ design update. That said, we've been full-time for six years (don't stay in one place/move frequently) and I've never damaged the tailgate. You just have to have a checklist for hitching/unhitching.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015