Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Does the State of TN title truck campers?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Does the State of TN title truck campers?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
jimh406

Western MT

View Profile

Posted: 10/27/21 08:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had tags and title for my TC from WA, but MT doesn’t do them for TCs. Just a nuance though considering most people never move to a different state.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 Dbl Slide, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Air Bags, Toyo M655 225/19.5 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

Pete_k

Stantonville Tn

View Profile

Posted: 10/27/21 11:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mkirsch wrote:

What does "As long as we did not need a title" mean, though?

Shouldn't the TN authorities be the one to tell you if you need a title? If it were up to me I would not "need" a tile on anything. Lots of $$$ saved.

What does "As long as we did not need a title" mean, though? Thats easy to answer,
If you have a loan, that company 99% of the time. Wants a Title, thus you have to go through the DMV. They will take your $$ for the Tag and Title. Plus all Taxes due at that time.
But if you pay cash, have no loan on that camper. You can skip that part. Does that answer your question to that What Does?

2022 Ram Big Horn DRW
2016 Eagle Cap 1200
2012 Landmark Key Largo
2005 Chevy Kodiak c5500 Cummins 5.9/Allison Trans

otrfun

On The Road

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/28/21 08:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

kohldad wrote:

. . . they may of sent in the OEM Certificate (what is used by states to issue the first title). I would think the bank may have that . . .
I've also heard this referred to as a "Certificate of Origin". Definitely make a point of getting an original copy of this document (from the dealer/owner) if you purchase a camper in a state that does not require registration/title. Down the road a Certificate of Origin makes a TC (that's never been registered/titled) a lot easier to sell if you end-up selling it to someone who lives in a state that does require a TC to be registered/titled.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Does the State of TN title truck campers?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.