cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Changeover valve

Busdriver
Explorer
Explorer
My propane change over valve has gone bad, need a new one , ever one says there is the best. Need some real world. Advice

Busdriver

2019 2500 Chevy Duramax , - 2017 Grand Design 303 RLS
4 REPLIES 4

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
bob213 wrote:
CharlesinGA wrote:

Marshall Excelsior is USA made, good quality.

Marshall Excelsior MEGR 253P on Amazon.

But the problem I see is the statement that it usually ships in 1 to 2 months ๐Ÿ˜ž
My trailer came with this one and it was terrible to read and unreliable to empty the primary tank.

My Cavagna works far better to me. Easy to read. The red snaps into place with no guesswork.

Unfortunately if somebody has one it is over $100 vs the regular price of maybe $60.

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
CharlesinGA wrote:

But the problem I see is the statement that it usually ships in 1 to 2 months ๐Ÿ˜ž
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

CharlesinGA
Explorer
Explorer
Fairview is junk.

The letter P means retail package. You want this, I bought one that was not retail pack and it was in a plastic bag and broken due to shipping damage. The retail pack is hard plastic to protect it.

This regulator has the fitting for pigtails with the reverse flare on the ends. Some do not use this and use 1/8 pipe thread directly into the regulator.

You can also find ME pigtails on Amazon in 15 and 24 inch lengths and with metal braid or just plastic jacket.

PDF file of ME 2021 Camping and RV catalog, very informative.

https://www.marshallexcelsior.com/sites/default/files/2021%20MEC%20RV%20Catalog.pdf

Charles
'03 Ram 2500 CTD, 5.9HO six speed, PacBrake Exh Brake, std cab, long bed, Leer top and 2008 Bigfoot 25B21RB.. previously (both gone) 2008 Thor/Dutchman Freedom Spirit 180 & 2007 Winnebago View 23H Motorhome.

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
Marshall and Cavagna are hard to find right now. Fairview have good rep but $$$. Here's a link that has some in stock.
https://www.propane-regulators.com/changeover
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand