cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading converter

Poison
Explorer
Explorer
Hi there I have a question about installing a new converter... my old converter failed so I bought an upgraded one... the problem is it came with a new fuse panel and there is no mention of where to put orange wire from original panel in the instructions ....the orange wire was on the opposite end of a glass fuse that the hot wire was attached to.... this is a 83 winnebago brave ...I would upload a pic but can figure out how to
4 REPLIES 4

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
I suspect (though it's far from certain) that the old converter had separate outputs for the battery charging and the general 12V use, and the 12V fuse panel is split into circuits that are always on the battery side of things and those that, when the converter is on, were switched to the converter power.

If that's the case, then probably the orange wire needs to be bridged to the other positive connections. Do verify things carefully first; post pictures if you're not sure and people here can probably help.

whemme
Explorer
Explorer
Poison wrote:
Hi there I have a question about installing a new converter... my old converter failed so I bought an upgraded one... the problem is it came with a new fuse panel and there is no mention of where to put orange wire from original panel in the instructions ....the orange wire was on the opposite end of a glass fuse that the hot wire was attached to.... this is a 83 winnebago brave ...I would upload a pic but can figure out how to
If you want help with your question please give us more details such as old converter model and new converter model, etc. Also which fuse circuit was the orange wire hooked to on the old fuse panel?
2002 Born Free 26' RSB Motorcoach
2005 Chevrolet Malibu LS Toad

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
What is the old converter make and model?
What is the new converter make and model?

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Here just follow This Link it will walk you thru picture posting. A picture of it will be very helpful for someone to help you out.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C