Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No power to house batteries?

lem55
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all, I was checking my 2 6 volt batteries and found that I only had
10 volts (parked next to house). So l plugged in the power cord in and nothing happen, no power going to batteries. Checked connections and everything looks good, still no power. called local repair shop and they were 2 months before they could even look at my trailer. They said more than likely the power supply/converter was not working and to check which l did and had no 12 volt power.Anyway replaced power supply/converter. I can not find any fuse blown. The power supply goes from the batteries up to the frig. and no power. Were should l be looking? Please help.
4 REPLIES 4

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
You should have a disconnect somewhere May say USE/STORE or AUX on/off

Also you should have a circuit breaker or fuse in line. Likely close to the battery but mine was about 15 feet down the power road.

also there are fuses on teh converter.

Question... Do the lights get brighter when you plug in? (Converter is working)

Next question You said 10 volts. 1.414 times 10 is 14.14 I point this out because if the meter is set wrong you may be showing 70.7% of the voltage (The inverse of the square root of 2 times the voltage) has to do with the meaning of RMS on some meters. (Some meters if set to AC read the peak and multiply by .707, others read the true RMS and are not so affected).
I have both kinds.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

lem55
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry l forgot mention that I do have 120 and 12 volts at the breaker panel. I have no disconnect switch in line.

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Is your battery disconnect switch in the correct position? If you can pull the red handle out, the battery is disconnected. Turn it to the other position.

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
I am assuming the main circuit breaker in the RV and the circuit breaker for the converter/charger are turned on.

Start at the house. Check to see if the outlet the RV is plugged into has power.

If that outlet has power, next check to see if the main breaker in the RV has power both into it and out of it.

If power is coming out of the main RV breaker, check to see if power is coming out of the breaker to the converter/charger.

If power is coming out of the breaker to the converter/charger, check to see if DC power is coming out of the converter/charger.

Report back for further narrowing down of the possiblities.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB