Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Looking for new motorhome…
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Looking for new motorhome…

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
John & Christine

Milford

View Profile

Posted: 10/26/21 01:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the replies everyone. The boys would do fine on a couch and an bunk over a cab. But they can’t sleep in the same bed for sure. They are brothers and love each other but I’m sure they would be beating each other up in their sleep. So a good size couch and the bunk over the can would be perfect. We need at least a queen bed.

Tents are not an option because we overnight in a lot of truck stops and rest areas.

John & Christine

Milford

View Profile

Posted: 10/26/21 01:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pianotuna wrote:

Give the state of poor quality control I believe a good used RV would be the best bang for the buck.

If I were buying new I would look carefully at:

http://www.lazydaze.com/
I totally agree and we actually had decided on a mid bath however when I called to give my deposit I was advised that the delivery date was about 2 years out.

Brandon the Traveler

SC, NY, PA, WV

View Profile

Posted: 10/26/21 03:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

John & Christine wrote:

pianotuna wrote:

Give the state of poor quality control I believe a good used RV would be the best bang for the buck.

If I were buying new I would look carefully at:

http://www.lazydaze.com/
I totally agree and we actually had decided on a mid bath however when I called to give my deposit I was advised that the delivery date was about 2 years out.

Yep, with motorhomes they need a chassis, and by that I don't mean some sheet metal welded together with glue guns by the Elkhart Kindergarten classes over at Lippert Components. Have you looked at the car dealers lately for inventory? I doubt chassis cabs for the RV manufacturers are even close to being on their priority lists right now. I was just told 20 to 24 weeks for a Travel Trailer....maybe, possibly, no guarantees. But you have to slap the non refundable coin down to even get a spot on the bench. Thanks but no thanks. This foolishness will come to an end, probably when this next recession hits like a ton of bricks which more than likely has already started. Those who can wait it out will be rewarded if they still have the means to buy. Then they'll have to figure out how to pay for the gas.

I went.

Dtank

USA

View Profile

Posted: 10/27/21 01:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Y-Guy wrote:

Good luck shopping and have fun!

Sage Moderator advice!!

Get out there and LOOK at what's available (new & used) - that fits YOUR needs, wants, and budget - not what "we" have or like!

And....yeah - the above can be "fun".

[emoticon]

ol Bombero-JC

USA

View Profile

Posted: 10/27/21 01:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wa8yxm wrote:

Well one thing I tell people is this:
As you move from place to place there are differences in the drinking water
Different bacteria, different mineral content.. This can have what I call "After Effects"

The length of 'Just a minute' depends entirely on which side of the door you are on.

Bath and a half models.. 2 doors. less waiting.

[emoticon]...[emoticon]

Sooooo..... a bath and a half is good for a quick - fresh, clean, non-contaminated drink of water with "no waiting"?..[emoticon]

But if you have "after effects" you should try planning ahead - and you'll only need one head!

Also, you shouldn't recycle grey water and/or if you're in Death Valley and see a sign that says, "Bad Water" - believe!..[emoticon]

ncrowley

Utah

View Profile

Posted: 10/29/21 12:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would look at Super C's. The Dynamax Isata 5 30FW would be a good choice. You can get it in 4 wheel drive, which would give you the clearance for rougher roads.

Nancy
Newmar Northern Star

John & Christine

Milford

View Profile

Posted: 10/29/21 05:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ncrowley wrote:

I would look at Super C's. The Dynamax Isata 5 30FW would be a good choice. You can get it in 4 wheel drive, which would give you the clearance for rougher roads.
Great suggestion. More than I wanna spend but I’ll take a look.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Looking for new motorhome…
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.