cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Class C Warranty

mikemc53
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Class C that is new and still under warranty. There are a couple issues with the chassis (Ford E-450) that need to be addressed but I am guessing that the RV dealer doesn't do that and that it needs to go to a Ford dealer. Am I correct in assuming that? It doesn't appear that there are too many who will take in motor homes.

What does everyone else do with warranty work on motor home chassis?

Thanks gang.

BTW I am in north central Florida and I called Ford of Ocala. They told me they are booked up on motor homes and are not taking any appointments.

Frustrating...
2021 Gulf Stream Conquest 6250 (Class C)
5 REPLIES 5

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like wheel speed sensors. We all have 'em, and they are a pita when they fail.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

mikemc53
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks gang and in the past I have taken my out of warranty units to a truck garage and had pretty decent luck. In this case the warranty involves, what seems to be, a very common issue that Ford has not addressed with a needed recall. I get sporadic performance from the Advance Trac system, which goes out rather randomly. It is not a huge issue but when it goes out the cruise, ABS, and Hill Assist are also out. I have read, literally, dozens of posts from owners who have this problem. That is the main reason I want to get it to a dealer. BTW, the RV dealer we purchased from are not the most reputable when it comes to their own service and I am having difficulty getting information from them regarding truck dealers. Just like so many things involving our RV, there is frustration involved.
2021 Gulf Stream Conquest 6250 (Class C)

Beverley_Ken
Explorer
Explorer
As previously suggested, as your RV dealer where they get the Ford warranty work done. Or ask your local Ford dealer for the closest Ford TRUCK dealer. My local Ford dealer recommended that for anything beyond a simple oil change. They donโ€™t have a bay big enough to get a MH into, and the oil changes were canceled if it was raining.
If the warranty item is time or mileage sensitive, at least get it on record, start a work order?
After my warranty ended, I started going to a local independent garage that had bays large enough for every type/size of vehicle.

Ken
2006 Winnebago Outlook 29B E-450.
2012 Honda CR-V AWD
Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar and Brake Buddy Vantage.

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
mikemc53 wrote:
I have a Class C that is new and still under warranty. There are a couple issues with the chassis (Ford E-450) that need to be addressed but I am guessing that the RV dealer doesn't do that and that it needs to go to a Ford dealer. Am I correct in assuming that? It doesn't appear that there are too many who will take in motor homes.

What does everyone else do with warranty work on motor home chassis?

Thanks gang.

BTW I am in north central Florida and I called Ford of Ocala. They told me they are booked up on motor homes and are not taking any appointments.

Frustrating...

Start with your RV dealer, and explain the hands off issue at the local Ford dealer.
Ask them (your RV dealer) where they send their products for chassis service. When chassis recalls are issued for unsold stock, for example, they have to use someone to do them.
Most RV dealers will have some sort of symbiotic relationship with the chassis manufacturers of the motorhomes they sell.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Totally frustrating, and I believe you're correct. Ford would do the warranty work on the vehicle/chassis.

What are the issues?
As frustrating as service is these days, it may be less frustrating to fix yourself, regardless of warranty?
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold