cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Quartzite?

freewayrandy
Explorer
Explorer
Is the big gathering with all the mfgrs. there this year?
2022 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax/Allison, 2024 Cougar 27SGS
9 REPLIES 9

Gottahaveit
donkeydew wrote:
can you get in and through the big tent on a mobility scooter?

Absolutely and many add a few dogs to it as well ๐Ÿ˜ž We don't usually do the tent the first weekend or to early in the day.
We have been going for many years and enjoy the camping with our group of friends out in the desert. The tent and A-Z are just something to do.
40ft Mandalay Quad Slide
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

navigator2346
Explorer
Explorer
donkeydew wrote:

Depends on what time of the day you go. Mornings are pretty crowded but the afternoons are less so. But, yes you can make it, just don't expect to drive full speed ahead. The tent does get full but I think the Covid protocol will open it up

donkeydew
Explorer
Explorer

vermilye
Explorer
Explorer
The closest (a short walk) is the La Posa West Long Term Visitor Area - dispersed dry camping @ $40.00 per 2 weeks. There are a number of free BLM camping areas within a couple of miles of the Big Tent, but parking at the tent is a PIA.

freewayrandy
Explorer
Explorer
I've never been there myself. Where's the best place to camp to be close to the show?
2022 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax/Allison, 2024 Cougar 27SGS

obiwancanoli
Explorer
Explorer
I'll be heading there for the first time, gotta go to the show... I'm shopping!

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Iโ€™m going this year!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
The Big Tent was there last January but few RVers were there.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

vermilye
Explorer
Explorer
If you are asking about the "Big Tent" show, it is scheduled for January 22 - 30th. I wouldn't call it a show with all manufacturers; more like a state fair with an RV emphasis.