Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Truck Campers: Truck tech
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Truck tech

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
jerryleejr

TN

View Profile

Posted: 10/29/21 08:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

monkey44 wrote:

A lot of new vehicles now seem available in only two interior colors - Black and Black ... In FLORIDA no less - that's bizarre.

Well with Ram certain interior colors are only available with certain exterior colors and some are SRW only…

Kayteg1

California > Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 10/29/21 08:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I transferred tailgate camera onto camper and it work good, although "fish eye" picture is not for everybody.
Blind spot radars did not work with my 12' camper as wings covered them partially, but 360 cameras were great, camper or no camper.
TPMS can not only save you lot of time and clean hands, but also make 1 thing less to worry.
Remote start work on my Ford from quarter of mile. Not only very handy when you are walking into 120F truck, but much easier to find the truck park on huge parking lot in the city you don't know.
Not sure when and if all the technology will make it to trucks, but:
My cars have self-parking. Not much use as paralel parking is rare where I go, but great show when you have friends in the car.
Keyless go if you have it available proved to be priceless during pandemic.
Also latest SUV have electric gear shifting and electric parking brake. When it can be annoying 1st time since they apply when you open the door, I found it GREAT help when launching the boat as opening the door put the truck if full safety parking automatically, so I do not have to worry about it.
You have to adjust to technology.
Fuel range is set to default to factory setting, so I always smile when I fill up to see "500 miles range" when I know I can't count for much more than 350.
Lane assistance proves to be more annoying than useful. Well painted lines are rare on the roads, when sun seems to affect the feature. Give it few more years to improve.

* This post was edited 10/29/21 08:48pm by Kayteg1 *

JimK-NY

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/30/21 07:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jerryleejr wrote:

It’s not a silly post for someone that’s never had a TC and decided to order all the towing bells and whistles offered to find out half of them won’t work once the TC is loaded,,,

JJ

You might want to reconsider placing an order. In addition to a substantial delay it is highly likely that you will pay a lot more. When we bought, there was a $1500 Ram incentive. The truck we looked at had a high level of trim/accessories. I told the sales manager I was not interest because there were $4k in accessories I did not want. He reduced the price $4k and we immediately bought the truck. As I said many of those accessories are really nice including memory adjustments, heated/cooled leather seats, and the electronics.

Even if you order a custom built truck, you will find that you cannot pick and choose each individual accessory. They come in trim packages. Mostly you will just be ordering specific colors.

Kayteg1

California > Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 10/30/21 09:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I custom order my F350 after we sold the house and lived in the camper.
3 months wait at the time was not good, but having the truck that fit your needs like a glove was very good reward.
Fact that shopping in 100 miles radius, I found a dealer who custom build the truck with $5000 discount below MSRP.
Additionally not having 4WD (the only available at dealer's lots) saved me thousands in additional fuel cost, while 3" height difference made using much easier.
The only option I wanted and could not get with SuperCab was King Ranch trim. For some reason that would go only with CC.
But Lariat with with 2-tone pearl white was looking great.

gbsteph

Grand Prairie, Texas USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/09/21 10:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I do have to turn off my parking sensors especially rear or they beep a lot. The rear camera option is actually useful if you do what I did. Which was, buy a replacement tailgate camera…OEM or aftermarket, and an aftermarket mounting bracket which I attached high power magnets to. When I take my tailgate off, I plug the external cam into the factory connection and attach it via magnets above the rear bumper. When I load my camper, I left enough wire to run the cam to the back of the camper attached to a steel plate I mounted to the back of the camper. It plays perfectly through the dash screen, and even the surround feature gives a decent view provided you remember things are longer than they appear. I can look up the parts I purchased for this if you are interested and PM them to you

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 11/09/21 11:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Kayteg1 wrote:

I custom order my F350 after we sold the house and lived in the camper.
3 months wait at the time was not good, but having the truck that fit your needs like a glove was very good reward.
Fact that shopping in 100 miles radius, I found a dealer who custom build the truck with $5000 discount below MSRP.

So your saying, back in 2016-2017 when you ordered your truck, you got $5k off MSRP and you think that was a deal? When the average diesel truck could be had for around $10k off sticker without much searching or haggling?

I guess there's a reason they put MSRP stickers on them. Some people will pay more without question.

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Truck tech
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.