cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Does your slide interfere with any operation.....

LandYacht35dies
Explorer
Explorer
.... inside the motor home traveling down the road ?
17 REPLIES 17

hohenwald48
Explorer
Explorer
A few kitchen and bedroom drawers are inaccessible. Other than that, no problems.
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

2019 Newmar Canyon Star 3627
2017 Jeep Wrangler JKU

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Back when I thought bigger was better I had a 45ft 4 slide that made the inside useless unless something was out. That didn't stay long. Current 36ft with one super slide is layed out so good that lots of time we don't even deploy the slide and everything can be gotten to and used.

Two_Jayhawks
Explorer
Explorer
Our opposing slides are deep but still leave an aisle to use the kitchen & get to the half bath. She makes trips to fridge for pop or snacks & sometimes uses microwave & we'll use the half bath but we don't "use" the kitchen with slides in. When the weather is nice we have parked & did picnics outside. Otherwise we wait until we have docked at a CG to enjoy a meal.
Bill & Kelli
2015 DSDP 4366 pulling a 21 JL Unlimited Sport
2002 Safari Zanzibar 3906 gone
1995 Fleetwood Bounder 36JD gone

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Another firm requirement for me was for access to the main RV areas when parked on the street side with the roadside slides in.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
My Rig was a bath and a half model
Slides in I could get to kitchen, half bath living room
Bed blocked the main bath and closets
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Rick_Jay
Explorer II
Explorer II
When we purchased our rig back in 2004, accessibility while on the road was one of our requirements.

Our 36' gasser has two slides, a main slide up front with dinette and one of the sofas and a bedroom slide which only has the bed.

With the front slide in, everything is accessible up front in terms of the kitchen and all cabinets, sink, refrigerator micro/convection oven and the bathroom & shower. The only thing we lose is that the fold out bed can't be folded out. However, the jack-knife sofa across from it CAN be deployed, which pretty much forms a continuous sleeping surface across the front of the motorhome.

When the rear bedroom slide is in, there are two lower cabinets which cannot be accessed, along with the bench for the vanity. We store things in these cabinets & spaces that we do not need while on the road, such as bathing suits, bath towels and extra shoes. We do have to crawl over the bed instead of walk around it, but that is just a matter of convenience.

For many of our long trips, we've overnighted in a Walmart parking lot or rest area and done quite nicely. As I've related to many while discussing our travels, "You haven't lived until you've taken a shower in a Walmart parking lot!" :B LOL

~Rick
2005 Georgie Boy Cruise Master 3625 DS on a Workhorse W-22
Rick, Gail, 1 girl (27-Angel since 2008), 1 girl (22), 2 boys (23 & 20).
2001 Honda Odyssey, Demco Aluminator tow bar & tow plate, SMI Silent Partner brake controller.

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bathroom, bedroom, fridge, HDTV, and sinks our all readily usable, although they are scarcely utilized while underway. From what is depicted on tv and movies you would think a group of people can just eat, drink, and party while roaring down the highway at interstate speeds. Yes, occasionally my DW will use the bathroom and get snacks and drinks as we travel down the road, she is rarely out of her belted seat for more than 10 minutes at a time.

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
No. We can use everything except the bottom drawers in the bedroom, not an issue.
Our TT we couldnโ€™t access the bathroom with the slide in, so we just put it out about a foot or so to use it. Never thought it was a problem in a TT. Now a MH it would be an issue.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
camper19709 wrote:
Yes. I can get to kitchen and bathroom with the front slide in. I can get to the bed with the bed slide in. I just cannot walk around the bed. I can totally live with both slides in. I would not have bought the motorhome if I could not.
X2 With all of the slides in several cabinets are blocked in the bedroom and living room.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

04fxsts
Explorer
Explorer
Would not have bought it if it was not useable with slides in. The bedroom slide does block the bottom drawers and the lower bedroom closet but not a big thing. Jim.

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
I don't have any issues with my slide in. In fact the manual recommends that the slides be retracted during severe weather.

StarkNaked
Explorer II
Explorer II
My RV, no problems.

But I know a coupe of people with issues.

One, they cant open the fridge.

The other, they can only get to one side of a double sink.

hotjag1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Everything is accessible with all 3 slides in in the living area, kitchen, and bathroom. The bed is also useable but cannot walk around it when in, and need to crawl across the bed if something was needed out of the rear closet, so it's still useable, just not convenient.
hotjag1
2003 40' Allegro Bus, 3 slides, 400hp 8.9 liter ISL Cummins

2000 24' Dynamax Isata

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
When our "Super Slide" is in the only thing we lose is access to one seldom used 120-volt outlet and a picture on the wall. In below freezing weather, we often keep the slide in to reduce the heated space conserving propane.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate