cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coming out of Eugene OR to St. George UT ?????????

teeznu
Explorer
Explorer
Last year I took the 58-S (Williamette Pass)to the 31-S to about Lakeview. (This was in Early Nov) At Lakeview I took the 140-S down to the I-80. I encountered 3 passes all of which had "FRESH" snow. (I'm traveling in a 40ft MH pulling a 30ft car hauler trailer) Needless to say it was a white knuckle drive. So this year I'm considering the following route. Same a before i.e. 58-S to the 31-S to the 395-S down to Standish (just below Susanville CA) Continue on S on the 395 to Reno then pick up 50-W to the 93 on in to St. George, UT. Would this route avoid most passes and potential snow? If not, I'm open to your suggestions. Thanks to those that reply in advance.
8 REPLIES 8

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
No Problem!

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Litch
Explorer
Explorer
enblethen wrote:
Salt Lake City!
Portion in center of Salt Lake city is a combination of I15 and I80. I 15 milepost 304 to milepost 307

Yep, apologies. All those other directions had them taking a route from the west and that's where my mind was going. Your route is by far the most logical.
2006 Chevy HD LBZ Duramax/Allison
2006 Holiday Rambler Savoy 30sks

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Salt Lake City!
Portion in center of Salt Lake city is a combination of I15 and I80. I 15 milepost 304 to milepost 307

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

Litch
Explorer
Explorer
enblethen wrote:
How about OR 58 to US 97. At Klamath Falls OR/CA 139 to Alturas, then US 395, I 80 to I15.

Where does I-80 go anywhere near I-15?
2006 Chevy HD LBZ Duramax/Allison
2006 Holiday Rambler Savoy 30sks

donkeydew
Explorer
Explorer
all three are good routes i would let odot decide witch is clear just before departure.

PaisleyDale
Explorer
Explorer
I would take the 58, 31 and 395 to Reno route which is more desert than mountains. It´s the same mileage from Lakeview to Reno as it is to Winnemucca.
2014 Winnebago View Profile 24v
2021 VW Atlas Cross Sport 2.0 4motion
1998 Honda CR-V toad

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
How about OR 58 to US 97. At Klamath Falls OR/CA 139 to Alturas, then US 395, I 80 to I15.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

paulj
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lakeview claims to be the highest town in Oregon. I suspect you'll be at the 4000+ altitude all the way south.