Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Heki 2 Skylight Inner Frame Failure
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Heki 2 Skylight Inner Frame Failure

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Mikell

Gainesville, FL

View Profile

Posted: 04/30/22 02:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks. I might not have needed to go all the way along the side with the sandwich, but since the failure was so catastrophic with the stop piece breaking off, and given the age of the skylight, I thought it best. I need to shine it up a little to remove the JB spillover. This fix addressed two problems - 1) the stop piece failure and 2) minimizing failure of the latches (which is the weak link in the skylight’s design).

notsobigjoe

southeast

View Profile

Posted: 04/30/22 02:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mikell wrote:

Thanks. I might not have needed to go all the way along the side with the sandwich, but since the failure was so catastrophic with the stop piece breaking off, and given the age of the skylight, I thought it best. I need to shine it up a little to remove the JB spillover. This fix addressed two problems - 1) the stop piece failure and 2) minimizing failure of the latches (which is the weak link in the skylight’s design).

Mine was cracking and breaking from the Florida sun. It wasn't worth replacing at 700.00 bucks but I did it anyway. I'm still thinking of just having my guy put in a skylight and take the new one out and sell it. I pretty much stay away from the roof work as I'm not that good at fixing leaks and stuff. It is a ridiculously expensive part.

HMS Beagle

Napa, California

View Profile

Posted: 05/02/22 10:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mikell wrote:

It is a ridiculously expensive part.

Unless you buy one from Europe, then it is fairly reasonable. It is, however, not a durable part.

Bigfoot 10.4E, 2015 F350 6.7L DRW 2WD, Autoflex Ultra Air Ride rear suspension, Hellwig Bigwig sway bars front and rear

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Heki 2 Skylight Inner Frame Failure
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.