cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RV Mattresses, where to try them?

mkenyon2
Explorer
Explorer
With our new (to us) trailer we would like to get some decent mattresses. We'll need 2. The one queen that it was going to come with we didn't even take off the dealer lot, had them dispose of it.

Looking for economical, but not cheap.
One needs to be a Short Full. 48/50"x74"
We would like to test them out before purchase.

So, that may be a tall order. There were a few posts on here that recommended some online sites, but my big question is:

Where can we test/try out an RV mattress?
MK and my Wifey from PA
TV: 2011 Ford F150 SuperCrew 4WD (V6 3.5L/213)
Trailer: 2013 Heartland Trail Runner 25 SLE

We've only camped in 2 states? Quick, pack the trailer we have to CAMP!
5 REPLIES 5

milo
Explorer II
Explorer II
We bought our mattress from Overstock.com. Then added a My Pillow topper on it. Pertnear better than the one in the S & B.

Milo
Janet & Milo ...47 fantastic yrs 2gether :B
Mona Yorkie & Buddy our beloved Beagle (both in spirit)
2013 F-150 Kodiak Brown XLT 4X4 HD Ecoboost
2014 Cougar 26sab

Living under the best Government money can buy ... Bob Brinker 😉

1320Fastback
Explorer
Explorer
Always got ours on Amazon. 8" or 10" knock off tempur-pedics.
1992 D250 Cummins 5psd
2005 Forest River T26 Toy Hauler

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Well Camping world and most major RV places will have RV size matresses.

Mine is a short queen..

Matresses come in a couple different types. Mine is innerspring. there is also Memory Foam.. (Some folks like MF better,,, I'm not one of 'em but respect their choice)

Got mine at walmart dot com. Don't really care to shop there (political so not open for discussion) but they had what I needwd at a good price,

Page 2:
My Last RV was a trailer.. I needed a new matress for it too.
I went to a local "Matress Factory" where they actually make it.
They were able to make me a full set of matresses both for the "Fixed" bed and for the "Convertible" Bench/table or bed... Reasonable price too.

Now if you go to a place like this.. they may have some fabric they ordered for a special order that they have left over and nobody wants that pattern.. Saves you $$$$$ (Did me) but if you care about that kind of thing (For a bed I'm going to cover it with mattress pad, sheets, comforter/bedspread you'd never see the matress pattern less changing bedding) that won't work.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Thermoguy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Many online retailers will give you a money back guarantee if you don't like it. They have different ways of doing that. We bought ours from MattressInsider.com and didn't like how soft it was - memory foam. Took it to a local donation center, and used the money to upgrade to a firmer mattress. Now we are happy with it.

Make sure you know if you like soft to firm mattresses. Many in the box are soft foam. My best mattress is the sleep number because you can just put more air in it to make it firmer. But everyone likes things a little different.

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
Mattress Firm store near us had several we could get in a short queen and we were able to test them in the store. Probably other mattress stores you could do the same
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks