cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

replacement camera for Garmem 760

Kober
Explorer
Explorer
My wireless camera has been sunburnt. I need a replacement if that is even possible.
2014 Coachmen Freelander 29qb, towing a trailer with my toys:
2020 Honda Talon SXS, or
2006 Royal Star Tour Deluxe
2008 Road Star 1100
PATRIOT GUARD RIDER, AMERICAN LEGION RIDER
Retired 25 years US ARMY, retired 24 years business owner
6 REPLIES 6

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
I have a BC 20 on the rear of my 5'er connected to my Garmin 760 it works fine.
No glare issues.
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

C_B_
Explorer
Explorer
rvcams.com

C.B.
CBVP2004~FORD~F350~CC~LARIAT~SRW~SB~4X4~6.0D~
AUTO~PULLRITE 16K SUPERGLIDE~DEMCO GLIDERIDE~
PRODIGY CONTROLLER~C-BETR MIRRORS~EMS-HW50C~

Butch/Barb=2013-Cedar Creek 36CKTS
Kris/Katy=2006-Cherokee 32B

BFL13
Explorer II
Explorer II
Kober wrote:
My wireless camera has been sunburnt. I need a replacement if that is even possible.

If the monitor can select different wifi then a Hopkins camera you have to supply your own monitor for could work, but still might fry in your sun, depending.

I use an older iPad mini with mine and have the camera in the back window instead of outside, so it might do better from harsh sunlight (don't know because we don't get such harsh sunlight?)

Probably useless info for your situation, but anyway here are a couple of photos since they are handy on my computer and might as well toss them in here:

"Monitor" on rearview mirror with elastic bands:

1. 1991 Oakland 28DB Class C
on Ford E350-460-7.5 Gas EFI
Photo in Profile
2. 1991 Bighorn 9.5ft Truck Camper on 2003 Chev 2500HD 6.0 Gas
See Profile for Electronic set-ups for 1. and 2.

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Kober wrote:
djsamuel wrote:
This may work:

BC-20 Camera Link

Thanks but that's what's on there now. Unless you're going North, the sun hits the lens on these things and you get a great big glary blotch on your screen which makes it hard to see anything. They're designed to go on the license plate and are shaded there. The lens even protrudes out from the camera body making things even worse. The camera on my 5th wheel has a shade over it but it is wired. I was hoping for a wireless camera to work with my existing Garmen screen.

Adapt or make your own lens shield

Doesn't matter what camera you buy, it is going to get sun flairs unless it has some form of shield..

Finding a small enough shield and adapting may be difficult since most of these cameras are small and do not have lens threads but a couple of black wire ties with a couple of well placed holes on the sun shield should take care of mounting it to the camera..

Kober
Explorer
Explorer
djsamuel wrote:
This may work:

BC-20 Camera Link

Thanks but that's what's on there now. Unless you're going North, the sun hits the lens on these things and you get a great big glary blotch on your screen which makes it hard to see anything. They're designed to go on the license plate and are shaded there. The lens even protrudes out from the camera body making things even worse. The camera on my 5th wheel has a shade over it but it is wired. I was hoping for a wireless camera to work with my existing Garmen screen.
2014 Coachmen Freelander 29qb, towing a trailer with my toys:
2020 Honda Talon SXS, or
2006 Royal Star Tour Deluxe
2008 Road Star 1100
PATRIOT GUARD RIDER, AMERICAN LEGION RIDER
Retired 25 years US ARMY, retired 24 years business owner

djsamuel
Nomad
Nomad
This may work:

BC-20 Camera Link

2013 Camplite 21BHS Trailer, Ram 1500 Tow Vehicle