cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

zero G water hose

two_travelers
Explorer
Explorer
We'll be down sizing and I noticed an ad for the Zero G water hose and thought it would help save some space. Does any one have experience with these hoses? Being a thin material I wonder how rugged they are? Do they quickly develop leaks? Thanks to all who share their knowledge.
9 REPLIES 9

Ro_n_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
I like the Pocket Hose Silver Bullet "expanding hoses" for non drinking purposes around the rig. We full time and they've held up now for 26 months. They're light weight and I store them in the original container taking very little space.
2020 Dutch Star 4328 on FL Chassis
2018 Grand Cherokee Limited
Ready Brute Elite Towbar & Road Master Wiring

jorbill2or
Explorer II
Explorer II
Like others, we have a few. our main hookup is on one that has been in AZ and Fl sun for two years and still works great ( so much for the durability question). The outer cover is a bit faded from when it was new. The zero-G isn't one of those cheap accordion hoses but does shrink some and is lightweight and flexible. I keep ours in a small wash bucket when on the road. As to water pressure, I'm not sure about the fittings but the hose itself , I think I read ,was rated to 600PSI ! a little overkill for the use ๐Ÿ˜‰ so I wouldn't worry about water pressure on the hose. They are rated for drinking water.
Most of our friends have switched from the old white hard hoses in the last couple of years. They wouldn't switch back.
Bill

n0arp
Explorer
Explorer
We have several and they're all we'll use anymore.
2000 Country Coach Magna 40',
4380W solar, 22.8kWh LiFePO4@48V, 450AH AGM@12V
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 2.0T, cloaked on 37x13.5s

dieseltruckdriv
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have been using one for over two years now, and I would replace it with another one if it went bad.

I should say that I use mine to fill my fresh water tank. I don't understand not using the tank vs. having a water connection on all the time. The results are exactly the same, and if I use my tank, I know how much water is going into my grey and black tanks.
2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
I think they are great. I have had one in the DP
on I don't know how many trips and its great. We have 3 at the house.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Iโ€™m happy with mine!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Land_Yachters
Explorer
Explorer
Bought my first one with my first RV last year. Great hose. When needed, I will replace it with another.
Land Yachters
Griff, Ali and Coco
Philadelphia, PA
2018 Tiffin 33AA
2018 Grand Cherokee

jeromep
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Zero G as a utility house for use around the house and not for drinking water and think it is great. I was surprised at the customer comments that were on the item listed at the Camping World web site, it was like they were talking about some other product. The only thing I would recommend, but this applies to any RVer, is to make sure you have a quality water pressure regulator at the top end of your fresh water setup and keep your water pressure in the 30-40psi range.

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
They are wonderful and most of them are approved for drinking water use - I got my first one last year and will be getting another one
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks