cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality Hybrid Manufacturers

John___Christin
Explorer
Explorer
I’ve been out the hybrid expandable scene for a while. Had a 2012 Jayco that we really liked. It looks like they are out of them now.

Who are the quality manufacturers of hybrids nowadays?
For Sale:Twin Ultra Power HD 6 volt batteries in excellent condition. Very similar to Trojan T-105's. Located in MA. Email Brazenheadbeer@gmail.com
7 REPLIES 7

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
parker.rowe wrote:
Looks like Starcraft dropped all their hybrid models too.

Well, Jayco owns Starcraft so it would have followed suit.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

John___Christin
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for everyone’s response. I’m just kinda surprised that they are not as popular as they once were. I’ll check out the ones you all suggested. Thanks for the response.
For Sale:Twin Ultra Power HD 6 volt batteries in excellent condition. Very similar to Trojan T-105's. Located in MA. Email Brazenheadbeer@gmail.com

parker_rowe
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like Starcraft dropped all their hybrid models too.
2015 Starcraft TravelStar 239TBS 6500 GVWR
1997 GMC Suburban K2500 7.4 Vortec/4.10
1977 Kawasaki KZ1000

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
atreis wrote:
Palomino has hybrids. Like Roo and Shamrock, they're also a Forest River company.
https://palominorv.com/travel-trailers/solaire-expandable

KZ Sportsmen Classic is the only one that's not Forest River that I could find.
https://www.kz-rv.com/products/sportsmen-classic-travel-trailers/floorplans.html

Palomino only has 2 out of 3 floorplans available.
KZ only has 2 floorplans.
Roo/Shamrock has 5 floorplans available with a 6th one Dealsr Stock only.
I can remember when Roo/Shamrock had around 10 different floorplans available, at one time.
When Jayco gets out of the Hybrid market, it may be only a short time before the other hybrid manufacturers also get out.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

atreis
Explorer
Explorer
Palomino has hybrids. Like Roo and Shamrock, they're also a Forest River company.
https://palominorv.com/travel-trailers/solaire-expandable

KZ Sportsmen Classic is the only one that's not Forest River that I could find.
https://www.kz-rv.com/products/sportsmen-classic-travel-trailers/floorplans.html
2021 Four Winds 26B on Chevy 4500

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah I was surprised to see Jayco drop all the Hybrids, maybe not as profitable as their other lines? My X20E was dropped around 2015.

Just my opinion maybe look for a used later model that is in good shape, especially with the labor problems I hear going on in the Rv industry.

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
John & Christine wrote:
I’ve been out the hybrid expandable scene for a while. Had a 2012 Jayco that we really liked. It looks like they are out of them now.

Who are the quality manufacturers of hybrids nowadays?

The other question is what RV manufacturers are still making hybrids. Many are no longer making them and those that still do, have shrunk down the number of floorplans.
The best selling hybrids have been Roo/Shamrock and Jayco. But Jayco appears to have dropped hybrids from their 2022 lineup which is a big blow to hybrid shoppers.
Roo/Shamrock have offered the most floorplans for a long time but theirs has shrunk also.
So, with Jayco out, you don't have a lot of choices.