cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Awning replacement for Scamp 16 in

eastbaygal123
Explorer
Explorer
Greetings! We need to replace our 2018 Scamp awning. My husband took it off completely except for the mounting brackets. I just want to take it somewhere and have a new one installed. Looks like I need to purchase the awning separately and then bring it to a repair shop. I'd rather just take it to a shop and have them purchase and install one so it fits the brackets. Or is this not how it's done? Appreciate your help with this! Kathy
10 REPLIES 10

dedmiston
We don't typically close the threads in case someone else has pertinent questions/comments, but the questions/comments usually aren't really pertinent. :B

I'll close this one for you.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

eastbaygal123
Explorer
Explorer
My apologies. I can't seem to find the menu choice that closes the post. Thankfully, we were able to repair our existing awning with a few a few work-arounds. Would you be able to close this post for me? Appreciate it!

dedmiston
ajriding wrote:
Good luck and
Thread closed?

Looks to me like it's open. Did I miss something?

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

ajriding
Explorer
Explorer
There are Scamp forums out there just like this one with real owners with the same issues I bet as you have and no fee charged. Just go to a different forum.
Check keyword: "fiberglass camper" too.

Without photos or more details, or the presence of someone who has done the repair it is hard to help, this is an uncommon issue on this forum likely.

Good luck and
Thread closed?

eastbaygal123
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure how to respond to individual posts :-(. The awning was a Flamme - hugely expensive and really difficult to set up; the braces twisted off. I am just trying to have someone besides my husband put a new one up. We are both in our late 70s and while "your neighbor who is handy with tools can do this", Jim would be offended. Looks like he still wants to salvage the old awning; we will see if we can re-set it. Thank you to everyone who responded, and Rexlion: I will check out fiberglassrv.com (Scamp Owners International wants to charge a fee just to post a question).

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Shadepro.com

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
is it the fabric or the entire awning you want replaced?
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

ajriding
Explorer
Explorer
This is how RV repair places make money. They literally repair RVs. Scamps are not special, though it might be to you. It is all just RV parts.
Heck, your neighbor who is handy with tools can do this, but you can pay huge labor cost to RV guys also.
First ask if they can get repair parts for your awning. It should be fixable.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Call around to various RV repair shops, or mobile RV repair. Some will order the parts and do the repair, and some will offer to let you order the parts, your choice.

You need to actually contact RV shops to get the information you want. It's a simple job.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
There is a fiberglassrv dot com forum filled with Scamp owners, and they are very knowledgeable about all things Scamp and Casita. Just a thought in case you don't pick up the info you need here.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point