cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2019 Ford F-250 headlights

Taxman2436
Explorer
Explorer
Loved the headlights on my Tacoma, but bigger trailer needs a bigger truck.
Have any of you changed your headlights? They just don’t illuminate enough for me, but not looking to blind everyone coming toward me.

-Lenny
Taxman2436
Sturbridge, MA
2022 Ford F350 6.7L Diesel
2023 Grand Design Reflection 320 MKS
8 REPLIES 8

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
Grit dog wrote:
ACZL wrote:
My '17 headlights stink as well when unloaded. Next to last trip this year and did several hours of night time driving and had to say w/ weight of 5er on, it was the best I've seen at night! Go figure. Yes, they are aimed right, just stink by themselves empty.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but it sounds like they may be a bit low when the truck is unloaded, or aimed high when loaded down.
IMO, the best "visibility" from any headlights is when they're aimed just about right to blind oncoming traffic! lol
Especially taller vehicles like big trucks.

I have gotten "beamed" by oncoming vehicles w/ the sled trailer on (4 place V-nose w/ 3 sleds----2 in the nose,1 in rear) along w/ about 1200# of tube sand over axle on truck. Funny thing tho, didn't get "beamed" w/ 5er attached. Go figure.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
ACZL wrote:
My '17 headlights stink as well when unloaded. Next to last trip this year and did several hours of night time driving and had to say w/ weight of 5er on, it was the best I've seen at night! Go figure. Yes, they are aimed right, just stink by themselves empty.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but it sounds like they may be a bit low when the truck is unloaded, or aimed high when loaded down.
IMO, the best "visibility" from any headlights is when they're aimed just about right to blind oncoming traffic! lol
Especially taller vehicles like big trucks.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Taxman2436
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all your responses. I will have the lights checked.
Taxman2436
Sturbridge, MA
2022 Ford F350 6.7L Diesel
2023 Grand Design Reflection 320 MKS

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

coolmom42
Explorer
Explorer
Taxman2436 wrote:
Loved the headlights on my Tacoma, but bigger trailer needs a bigger truck.
Have any of you changed your headlights? They just don’t illuminate enough for me, but not looking to blind everyone coming toward me.

-Lenny

Is the truck level when the trailer is hooked up, and the headlights aimed correctly? First things to check.

If you do replace them, do some reading on Tacoma forums. There are a few, and many very knowledgeable people on them.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
No experience with the 2017-up superdutys personally other than seeing 1000s of them with their headlights on, and the lower trim level trucks, the headlights seem like nothing special. The fancy models with the fancy lights seem much brighter. (Which is typical of all the brands in more recent years)
If you have a model with plain ole halogen lights (or whatever “standard” lights are) you could look into getting a set from an upscale model.
Otherwise the aftermarket is chock full of options that throw more light.
I’ll have to look and see what the PO put on our Ram. They are great and once I adjusted them down, they aren’t horrible for oncoming cars. he was rolling a leveled truck that is the better part of a foot taller than stock with out adjusting them, so they illuminated better at the expense of blinding oncoming traffic.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
The headlights on my 2020 F350 are the brightest I have ever had on any vehicle. You may want to have them checked out.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

curt12914
Explorer
Explorer
The first thing I would do is have them checked to see if they are aimed correctly.
2021 F-350 Platinum 4X4 PSD SRW 2016 Montana 3950FL (2) Honda EU2000i's
...and a few (twenty-some, but other than my wife, no one is counting) antique Allis Chalmers tractors