Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: 2019 Ford F-250 headlights
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

 > 2019 Ford F-250 headlights

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Taxman2436

Sturbridge, MA

Full Member

Joined: 04/29/2020

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 11/05/21 03:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Loved the headlights on my Tacoma, but bigger trailer needs a bigger truck.
Have any of you changed your headlights? They just don’t illuminate enough for me, but not looking to blind everyone coming toward me.

-Lenny


Taxman2436
Holden,MA
2019 Ford F-250 6.7 L Diesel
2021 Salem Hemisphere


curt12914

Bombay NY (5 miles from Quebec, 15 from Ontario)

Senior Member

Joined: 03/15/2003

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 11/05/21 04:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The first thing I would do is have them checked to see if they are aimed correctly.


2021 F-350 Platinum 4X4 PSD SRW 2016 Montana 3950FL (2) Honda EU2000i's
...and a few (twenty-some, but other than my wife, no one is counting) antique Allis Chalmers tractors

way2roll

Wilmington NC

Senior Member

Joined: 10/05/2018

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 11/06/21 07:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The headlights on my 2020 F350 are the brightest I have ever had on any vehicle. You may want to have them checked out.


2020 F350 STX 6.7L Turbo Diesel
2020 FR Cedar Creek Silverback 29rw

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

Senior Member

Joined: 05/06/2013

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 11/06/21 11:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

No experience with the 2017-up superdutys personally other than seeing 1000s of them with their headlights on, and the lower trim level trucks, the headlights seem like nothing special. The fancy models with the fancy lights seem much brighter. (Which is typical of all the brands in more recent years)
If you have a model with plain ole halogen lights (or whatever “standard” lights are) you could look into getting a set from an upscale model.
Otherwise the aftermarket is chock full of options that throw more light.
I’ll have to look and see what the PO put on our Ram. They are great and once I adjusted them down, they aren’t horrible for oncoming cars. he was rolling a leveled truck that is the better part of a foot taller than stock with out adjusting them, so they illuminated better at the expense of blinding oncoming traffic.


2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

coolmom42

Middle Tennessee

Senior Member

Joined: 02/18/2011

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 11/06/21 02:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Taxman2436 wrote:

Loved the headlights on my Tacoma, but bigger trailer needs a bigger truck.
Have any of you changed your headlights? They just don’t illuminate enough for me, but not looking to blind everyone coming toward me.

-Lenny


Is the truck level when the trailer is hooked up, and the headlights aimed correctly? First things to check.

If you do replace them, do some reading on Tacoma forums. There are a few, and many very knowledgeable people on them.


Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

ACZL

UPstate,NY

Senior Member

Joined: 10/09/2001

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 11/06/21 05:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My '17 headlights stink as well when unloaded. Next to last trip this year and did several hours of night time driving and had to say w/ weight of 5er on, it was the best I've seen at night! Go figure. Yes, they are aimed right, just stink by themselves empty.


2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

Taxman2436

Sturbridge, MA

Full Member

Joined: 04/29/2020

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 11/07/21 11:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for all your responses. I will have the lights checked.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

Senior Member

Joined: 05/06/2013

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 11/08/21 08:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ACZL wrote:

My '17 headlights stink as well when unloaded. Next to last trip this year and did several hours of night time driving and had to say w/ weight of 5er on, it was the best I've seen at night! Go figure. Yes, they are aimed right, just stink by themselves empty.


Please don't take this the wrong way, but it sounds like they may be a bit low when the truck is unloaded, or aimed high when loaded down.
IMO, the best "visibility" from any headlights is when they're aimed just about right to blind oncoming traffic! lol
Especially taller vehicles like big trucks.

ACZL

UPstate,NY

Senior Member

Joined: 10/09/2001

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 11/09/21 08:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit dog wrote:

ACZL wrote:

My '17 headlights stink as well when unloaded. Next to last trip this year and did several hours of night time driving and had to say w/ weight of 5er on, it was the best I've seen at night! Go figure. Yes, they are aimed right, just stink by themselves empty.


Please don't take this the wrong way, but it sounds like they may be a bit low when the truck is unloaded, or aimed high when loaded down.
IMO, the best "visibility" from any headlights is when they're aimed just about right to blind oncoming traffic! lol
Especially taller vehicles like big trucks.


I have gotten "beamed" by oncoming vehicles w/ the sled trailer on (4 place V-nose w/ 3 sleds----2 in the nose,1 in rear) along w/ about 1200# of tube sand over axle on truck. Funny thing tho, didn't get "beamed" w/ 5er attached. Go figure.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

 > 2019 Ford F-250 headlights
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.