cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Refrigerator issues

Kober
Explorer
Explorer
2014 Dometic 2 compartment freezer/refrigerator. Wont cool below 50 degrees either AC or LP. I f I disconnect the thermistor from the control board it should go into max cooling mode, no?
2014 Coachmen Freelander 29qb, towing a trailer with my toys:
2020 Honda Talon SXS, or
2006 Royal Star Tour Deluxe
2008 Road Star 1100
PATRIOT GUARD RIDER, AMERICAN LEGION RIDER
Retired 25 years US ARMY, retired 24 years business owner
2 REPLIES 2

Kober
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:
I do not know but move the clip holding it as far up the fin as you can. Adding a fan inside may help as well.. I did It helps two ways

one it circulates the air so the COLD is more even
Two.. Fins don't frost up as bad with a good set of Fridge fans in there
(There is a firm or 2 that make fans specificlly to mount on dometic Absorption cooling units)

Also,, Clean the beast.. Open the outside access panel and the top panel (If in a slide out) or roof cover (If not) using an air compressor and fairly low pressure setting on the regulator BLOW down through the heat exchanger Fins (Looks a bit like a car radiator) blow STRAIGHT down (Be careful on that) see if a bunch of "Crud" gets blown out the bottom (NOTE TURN OFF FIRST Some of that crud.. burns)

I'll try the blowing out although it looks pretty clean. Also, it's empty so a fan won't do much. I thought maybe an aftermarket thermistor might do the trick?
2014 Coachmen Freelander 29qb, towing a trailer with my toys:
2020 Honda Talon SXS, or
2006 Royal Star Tour Deluxe
2008 Road Star 1100
PATRIOT GUARD RIDER, AMERICAN LEGION RIDER
Retired 25 years US ARMY, retired 24 years business owner

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I do not know but move the clip holding it as far up the fin as you can. Adding a fan inside may help as well.. I did It helps two ways

one it circulates the air so the COLD is more even
Two.. Fins don't frost up as bad with a good set of Fridge fans in there
(There is a firm or 2 that make fans specificlly to mount on dometic Absorption cooling units)

Also,, Clean the beast.. Open the outside access panel and the top panel (If in a slide out) or roof cover (If not) using an air compressor and fairly low pressure setting on the regulator BLOW down through the heat exchanger Fins (Looks a bit like a car radiator) blow STRAIGHT down (Be careful on that) see if a bunch of "Crud" gets blown out the bottom (NOTE TURN OFF FIRST Some of that crud.. burns)
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times